• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I ken combo spacies

MarthZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NESman1995
Well I've been practicing the ken combo on light characters like marth,ICs,peach,etc. so I was wondering what percents should i ken combo spacies and fast fallers

PlamZ

Smash Cadet
All depend on their DI and position. It is possible to do one very early if they're in the Air and DI like crap. Most of the time you'll get them around 50 to 75%.

AirFair

Marth tho
ken combos are situational, but what PlamZ said is about right.

You can set up some easy ken combos out of chaingrabs though. If you know your utilt hitbox, then you must know that it can send them behind you. All you have to do is follow up with a tipper fair, and you can ken combo.

Most of the ones I get come from juggles or grabs.

MarthZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NESman1995
ken combos are situational, but what PlamZ said is about right.

You can set up some easy ken combos out of chaingrabs though. If you know your utilt hitbox, then you must know that it can send them behind you. All you have to do is follow up with a tipper fair, and you can ken combo.

Most of the ones I get come from juggles or grabs.
cant you also do reverse fair and just a dair follow up from f tilt?

ThirdDay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
toastyost
3DS FC
1934-1050-5329
Well I've been practicing the ken combo on light characters like marth,ICs,peach,etc. so I was wondering what percents should i ken combo spacies and fast fallers
I recommend doing it at 50-60%. just jump on top of the projectiles and land right in front of them. If you're close to the edge and you think they'll attack, counter. They'll be sent flying off the edge for a perfect opening.

ThirdDay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
toastyost
3DS FC
1934-1050-5329
Also try your best to read their DI, cause what I said isn't guaranteed to work!

Toe

Smash Apprentice
You need to account for their DI, percent, and which part of your sword you're hitting them with. Lower percent you would want to tipper your F-air while at higher percents you want to hit with the base of your sword, you can see M2k do this often to end a 0 - death on FD. Just keep practicing and getting the spacing down and all this other stuff will come to you.

Top Bottom