• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I keep tap jump from ruining my combos?

Lord Horatio

Smash Apprentice
Every time I U-air, the tap jump keeps on making me use my second jump, thus leaving me unable to jump and keep attacking my opponent; how can I U-air without accidentally jumping?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

maybe adjust the sensitivity in your controller settings

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Don't smash your analog.

If you're playing on KB, then you have to buffer it.

ElViejoZunY

Smash Apprentice
If you are playing with a N64 controller: practice, just sit and practice, the second jump comes when you push the stick to far, practice, try to be calm, and try to control your move with the thumb while you are still thinking in the match and the rest of the combo

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
You need to not push the thumbstick all the way up. Instead, have it halfway between neutral and fully upwards like you would if you were doing an uptilt. Then you use the C button to jump and A or R to aerial all while holding the thumbstick in uptilt position. It's really awkward at first but if you practice it will feel natural in no time

Top Bottom