• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I install Stage Icon's? I want to create some for the community.

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
I am getting use to installing character portraits and music, but I don't know how are where to go to add in the Stage Icon's. Preview, and Stage name png. I was wondering if anyone knows how to? Once I learn how to do that I can create some Icon bundles for the community.

TrillyTroy

Smash Apprentice
Open Common5 in brawlbox, expand sc_selmap, then expand miscdata80. All of the portraits and everything are all there, just scroll through them to find which ones you want.

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
Open Common5 in brawlbox, expand sc_selmap, then expand miscdata80. All of the portraits and everything are all there, just scroll through them to find which ones you want.
Thanks! Fast response, I love it here.

REVENAUT1313

Smash Cadet
NNID
REVENAUT1313
I'm going to look into this as well as I really need to learn Stage Select Icons too. Let me know how that goes for you, MugenLord.

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
I'm going to look into this as well as I really need to learn Stage Select Icons too. Let me know how that goes for you, MugenLord.
Its easy, well I have prior knowledge of photoshop. I just made 2 icons, ill make a few more and then I will try my best to show you how.

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
Okay I got the hang of it. Remember to make your stage portraits a very small filesize (as in low-resolution). I had some crashing at first but figured it out. If you don't already have it, grab the Project M font here! http://www.dafont.com/edo.font
View attachment 7544
Thanks for the font, small resolution 86x86 PNG right? How do I snapshot the stage without the characters in place?

REVENAUT1313

Smash Cadet
NNID
REVENAUT1313
Thanks for the font, small resolution 86x86 PNG right? How do I snapshot the stage without the characters in place?
I was just grabbing screenshots from the Brawl Vault mod vault and clone stamping out the fighters. 86x86 is a good size, but you want JPEG format. Also, I've been exporting the image at low quality setting as well (if you're like me and have your Photoshop default set to 12 High Quality).

I just started using the Stage Manager about 30 minutes ago, now everything is super simple. http://www.lakora.us/brawl/stagemanager/

Play around with it some, you'll get the hang of it pretty quickly.

EDIT: Btw, after finding the font and making stage names the hard way last night, I found this morning that the stage manager will do it SUPER DUPER EASILY, eliminating the need for downloading the font entirely. It's good to have though, I guess. I'll just have to find something to do with it.

Last edited:

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
I was just grabbing screenshots from the Brawl Vault mod vault and clone stamping out the fighters. 86x86 is a good size, but you want JPEG format. Also, I've been exporting the image at low quality setting as well (if you're like me and have your Photoshop default set to 12 High Quality).

I just started using the Stage Manager about 30 minutes ago, now everything is super simple. http://www.lakora.us/brawl/stagemanager/

Play around with it some, you'll get the hang of it pretty quickly.

EDIT: Btw, after finding the font and making stage names the hard way last night, I found this morning that the stage manager will do it SUPER DUPER EASILY, eliminating the need for downloading the font entirely. It's good to have though, I guess. I'll just have to find something to do with it.
I've always been using Stage Manager, way easier for knowing where to place music etc. Where is the clone stamping?

Top Bottom