• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how do I git gud at Falcon

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWRL

Smash Ace
Title, I'm picking up P:M after not really trying to be good at Melee and Brawl, and I've always loved Falcon. That being said, what are the most important aspects of Falcon that would be good for me to learn? Any help would be appreciated.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Check out the Captain Falcon sub-forum and watch a lot of videos of really good players. I don't know of any really good Falcon players exclusive to PM, so some Melee ones include: Hax, Scar, Darkrain, Mango, S2J(?)...

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
Falcon is kind of difficult. The first thing you'll want to do is get crazy good at tech skill with him. SHFFLing is huge with him. Also wavedashing and platform play. You'll even want to learn moonwalking because it benefits falcon. You'll end up losing a lot for a very long time during this period of learning the tech. Once you get all the tech down to the point of amazing, you will still probably lose a lot because you haven't learned to properly apply it. Eventually, it will all end up coming together and you will start seeing dramatic improvement.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
just falcon punch randomly and youre gold

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
It's fairly easy to get good with Falcon.
How dair you say that.

I've had quite a bit of trouble with Falcon in P:M because I have yet to learn the tech skills well enough to apply them to Falcon.

D

Deleted member

1. Get Super Smash Bros. Melee for the Nintendo Gamecube.
2. Git gud at Captain Falcon.
3. Start playing Project M on the Nintendo Wii.
4. Lose to the other 26 characters that aren't in Melee's 6 character roster.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
1. Get Super Smash Bros. Melee for the Nintendo Gamecube.
2. Git gud at Captain Falcon.
3. Start playing Project M on the Nintendo Wii.
4. Lose to the other 26 characters that aren't in Melee's 6 character roster.
Quit combo breaking.

Be more of a Gentleman and play along.

RKM

Smash Cadet
720° wavebounce aerial falcon punch.
Guaranteed to work all the time, occasionally.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
He nairly ruined all of our fun. Thanks for keeping things on track!
Anytime. It's important to KICK out those who ruin fun for others.

(To be serious, also, as said before, tech skills are important for any falcon to be good. Actually, not just Falcon, but any character. Recommending to use the buffer at 7 and slowly easing on it [going down])

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom