• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do i git gud at aeriels and spiking?

Steve178

Smash Rookie
so i've been playing Smash since the 64 days but i only started trying to get competitive recently.

i can generally hold my own most of the time, but i've noticed that a big problem i seem to face is that i've NEVER been good at my aerial game, particularly with timing my spikes.

so yeah any tips to help me get better at timing my spikes and such?

xExcel

Smash Apprentice
learn the sweet spots and the range. there's literally nothing we can tell you besides that, and just practice. You're a yoshi main apparently so just practice hitting at the bottom of yoshi's foot and you should get a spike

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
You have to have a natural feel for it. Just jump out there and visualize yourself landing the spike.

My competitive friends call me "the spike king" because of my natural feel for this. You have to have confidence that you will land the spike, and just believe that you will. Make it easy and graceful. Relax. If you've ever seen the Gaurdians of Ga'hoole, here is a clip that explains it really well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-02Lbz2EvI in this clip, Soren learns to fly. He has to use his gut to navigate the currents and violent rain, and he must trust himself not to lose balance and fall. This is like spiking. I've been thinking about making an entire guide that explains this concept. What do you think?

Last edited:

Elegant

Smash Apprentice
Watching alot of film or replays of yourself helps as well. You can analyze what you could have done differently/what other outcomes could have happened.

Watching other players as well helps.

D

Deleted member 269706

You'll get there. I've gotten pretty good at spiking with Ike, believe it or not. I mean, it's pretty tricky at first, and it never really gets EASY, but you'll get there.

Top Bottom