• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I gimp people with Up-B?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jahordon

Smash Journeyman
I don't fully understand how I should be hitting my opponents with it. Do they get pushed in the direction I am traveling or opposite my direction? Do I want to aim right at them or to their side or above or below?

Usually when I try to pump push, I just push them up super high and they can DI back to the stage, but everybody else seems to say they have great success with it. Any help?

Spirst

Vertically, they follow your trajectory if you're going straight up. Otherwise, they go in the opposite direction. If you're bringing them straight up, you can follow with a hydropump in the opposite direction where you want them to go. For example, for an opponent recovering on the left side, you can do a hydropump straight up and then to the right. It's kind of like a little wall of water. They'll follow you up, but the second one will send them even further away from the stage. Additionally, if you just brought them straight up, you can follow their DI and get a smash attack in. If they're going for the ledge, you can hydropump from the floor. Say you brought them straight up on the right side and now they're fastfalling to the ledge. Near the ledge, do a hydropump diagonally down in the opposite side. Greninja will stay grounded and do the animation, but you'll see the water come out in their direction.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom