• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I get trophy stands to appear for bosses?

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I beat SSE today, and not once did a trophy stand appear during a single boss fight. And Im pretty sure items dont show up for boss battle mode, correct? So is there a sticker or some other way to increase the chances of getting a trophy during a boss fight?

Sauvie

Smash Apprentice
There are some stickers that increase the likelyhood of stands dropping but at best you just need patience. Petey Took me 20 or so minutes and I have yet to see a Stand on the entire stage where you Fight Pokey with Trophy stand drop stickers all over my selected 4. Random at best is my assumption.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Just use a Big Boss sticker (+30 Trophy Stand Drops I believe) on the stands of your characters of choice and play on Hard or higher; I'm pretty sure the "better rewards for higher difficulty" thing was talking about Trophy Stands...other then that, just make sure you weaken them enough before you toss, nothing's worse than a wasted Trophy Stand...also make sure you have enough time to throw it, I've had Petey leap over my toss before it connected with him : \

Good luck, hope that helps

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
Like MarthTrinity said, use stickers that increase the odds of trophy stands to appear. I've gotten all boss trophies except Meta Ridley and Tabuu (you unlock that w/ a Challenge I believe, much like the Hands), who's hard as hell to get because you have a time limit on him. You don't necessarily have to play the stages on Hard - I've gone back to some on easy (for purposes of rushing to the boss) and gotten stands within 5-7 minutes after the boss fight starts.

~Old Man Nintendo

Enshoku

Smash Lord
in a box of fading memories, and everlasting knowl
Like MarthTrinity said, use stickers that increase the odds of trophy stands to appear. I've gotten all boss trophies except Meta Ridley and Tabuu (you unlock that w/ a Challenge I believe, much like the Hands), who's hard as hell to get because you have a time limit on him. You don't necessarily have to play the stages on Hard - I've gone back to some on easy (for purposes of rushing to the boss) and gotten stands within 5-7 minutes after the boss fight starts.

~Old Man Nintendo
tabuu is unlocked via trophy catching actually.

tingler

Smash Rookie
i've seen ppl telling others to play on higher difficulties for higher drop rates on those trophy stands; i got all of the boss trophies on normal (no boss sticker) with only a couple tries each except for meta ridley. i ended up playing it on easy after failing to nab the trophy for like an hour and i did notice that the drop rate was a lot lower on easy (like 3-4 attempts in a row with no trophy stand drop)

Top Bottom