• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I get really good at this game???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cypher99

Smash Cadet
So I have been spending a good hour everyday pretty much since the wii u version came out and I still keep running into guys on for glory who are capable of beating me consistently. I do decently well at local tornaments if I'm lucky enough to avoid running into one of the top 5 players.

How am I supposed to get better at this? I'm willing to put in the time and effort. I just don't know how. I want to be like one of those big shots who can win like 95% of the time and win mony in tournaments. Any advice?

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
http://smashboards.com/threads/game-play-advice-and-general-discussion.382927/page-19#post-18965059
There is an entire advice thread dedicated to advice. Next time read the stickies and if you ar-

I want to be like one of those big shots who can win like 95% of the time and win mony in tournaments.
Playing competitive Smash JUST for money is stupid. The community doesn't need greedy people like you. Also, it will take you at least 400-600 hours before you get even your first 25$.

Either you play competitive Smash for a smart reason, or give up.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
The same way you get to Carnegie Hall:

Practice!

Specifically against people who challenge you. Some (most) of the best players in the world got that way because they had reliable opponents who pushed them to get better while getting better themselves.

Last edited:

Cypher99

Smash Cadet
http://smashboards.com/threads/game-play-advice-and-general-discussion.382927/page-19#post-18965059
There is an entire advice thread dedicated to advice. Next time read the stickies and if you ar-

Playing competitive Smash JUST for money is stupid. The community doesn't need greedy people like you. Also, it will take you at least 400-600 hours before you get even your first 25$.

Either you play competitive Smash for a smart reason, or give up.
Two things
1 I have put in 600 hours and I have won money before.(not much though because it was for brawl)

2 lol I don't mean so I can win money. I mean I want to be REAL good LIKE the guys who can put big money on the line and go to big tornaments and stuff. I don't just want to be anouther guy that plays for lag.

Last edited:

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Just stick to one character you really like at first. Practice at a set time everyday for a set period of time against HUMAN opponents, not CPU.
You need to get so familiar with a character that you can do their comboes with your eyes closed, so familiar with them you know them like the back of your hand-
This will help you understand character matchups better! Keep playing with that character untill you get sick of them~ Embarrass
Then, once you stop limiting yourself, you will realize how much stage/character choices effect the outcome of your match along with your skillz.

Limiting yourself for now will make you more resourceful with what you're left with, and in the future realize you had many more options you hadnt considered before with new characters-
It's all about changing your perspective. Anyone can pick up and play this game given enough effort, but mastering it requires you look at it in different light~ ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom