• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I get out of ice climber grab combos and chain grabs

marie_doge

Smash Rookie
I'm having trouble against the ICs. Especially their ability to just throw me across the stage and get another grab off with Nana's down throw. Also the blizzard move has got me fukt up. Please help. Also, I don't know if it matters but I play both spacies against the dynamic duo. (Ice Climbers).

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
You could try sdi'ing the blizzard or mixing up your di on the throws, but a really good ics makes it nearly impossible to escape chaingrabs.

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
I had this problem against an ICs main during friendlies, and I took note that they are trash in the air, so I made sure to stay afloat or on platforms. You could learn to predict grabs and their set ups and avoid them, or kill Nana immediately. Though that is easier said than done, getting a grab on her then getting a simple edge guard made the fight way easier.

Top Bottom