• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I get better?

Anton Koetzler-Faust

Banned via Warnings
Hi there! I just wanted to ask you guys some tips with sheik (I like to call sheik shrek :3) to get better?

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
If you main Falco I don't see a reason to practice Sheik. However if you really want to learn her, you need to play her exclusively for a good amount of time. You need to have a very defensive/gimpy mindset, playing Sheik.
It all comes down to practice and personal experience.
Watch lots of Sheik vs. X MU-videos. Search for M2k, Kirbykaze, Drephen, Darkatma, Ice, KDJ, Silent Swag, Plank and try and imitate what they do.

Also read guides from this forum on your own. Use the stickies.
If you got further, specific, questions, feel free to ask.

smileee

Smash Rookie
Just keep in mind that sheik is generally a defensive character. it's a matter of reading your opponent and reacting accordingly. try to wait until your opponent does something you can punish and do your best to maximize said punishment via good tech-chasing, more damaging combos (or shorter combos that lead into more set-ups), and getting used to edge guarding.

Synkhronisity

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5472-6514-0195
A big thing that I learned when I started out was to use your needles effectively.

For example, if you're dropping off of a platform and you want to cover yourself, throw needles. It'll interrupt your opponents approach and allow you to land safely.

Use needles to edge guard as well. This works great on fast fallers.

Also, when edge guarding, f-tilt on the ledge is a common instinct, but not a great option. There are much safer options (dsmash, dtilt into SH fair, or even the needles as noted before.)

Keep your movement fluid too. If your movement isn't fluid, I find you can get caught easily. There are a few guides on here that teach the importance of wave dashing vs fox trotting and their applications.

Hopefully that helped a bit. Sheik is an incredibly fun character.

Top Bottom