• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I focus better?! Keep winning first game and immediatly losing 2, so I lose the set! plz help

Angross

Smash Rookie
I keep going to my local tourneys, and I have done decent (5th place) considering I am relatively new to the sm4sh competitive scene. Sometimes I 2-0 some scrubs but other times I get bodied by the top players at my locals, but getting bodied is something I expect. But multiple times in the last 4 tournaments, I have won the first game of a set, a lot of times 2 stocking these players. Then, they come back and win the very next 2 games, off of sometimes stupid sds or dumb choices on my part. How can I focus better so that I don' t choke after winning my first game?

Bubbles28

Smash Rookie
Try not to get overconfident. If you beat someone game one, always expect them to come back mentally ready for the next game. If you get cocky you will start to choke so always take your opponent seriously.

Top Bottom