• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I float?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mat7772

Smash Cadet
Controls are wii u pro controller
-Tap to jump is on and my main control method, I use c stick for tilts

BUT I can never float! D: Is there a reason why? I did it effectively in brawl.

Awesomecakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stef-Pie
3DS FC
3093-7191-2175
I dunno how you float with tap jump. Wouldn't you only be able to float at the top of your jump if you hold the input?

I'm not sure about a method with tap jump, but what I do is hold a jump button and down on the control stick at the same time.

Pippu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaffDurtum
3DS FC
4468-1508-6788
You should practice learning to jump without the control stick. To effectively float with Peach you hold down and press jump simultaneously.

I would say its best to practice ground floating first until you have the muscle memory.
Then keep going a little higher each time. That's the way I practiced and I can successfully float at any height because of it

mat7772

Smash Cadet
Will probably be turning tap to jump off pretty soon. Will take a while to get that engraved in my mind
Thanks all for the responses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom