• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I find a secondary for Palutena?

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Hey everyone, I haven't been having very much luck finding a secondary for Palutena. I initially used Sheik, but I have been trying to stray away from top tiers just because they get boring to use (and she can cover pretty much all match ups anyway). Then, I transitioned to Peach, but she just doesn't feel right. Other characters I have used are Duck Hunt, Lucario, Pikachu, Luigi, Jiggs, Mario, and Yoshi, to no luck.

Nobody seems to feel right for me to use, so that's why I am asking you Palutena mains what secondaries you use and why you use them. I have heard people recommend Dark Pit or Pit for a secondary, but I want to know what you guys think.

Eisal

Smash Apprentice
Hi!

First off, finding a secondary has nothing to do with what main you use (not implying you said such, just throwing that out there.) You simply just play characters you feel natural with in your hands.

I'm in the same boat though, that I can't find a secondary. I main Palutena, and she's pretty much the only character I play seriously. I have jumped between Ike, Ganondorf, Robin, Lucina, Ryu, Cloud, Mewtwo and now a little bit of Rosalina.

None of the other characters I have played I have looked into to learn things like I have with Palutena.

I have been thinking some about it myself, and at the moment I'm looking at Mewtwo and Rosalina, whereas Rosalina looks more interesting because of the use of Luma.

That's all I can tell you, pretty much. It depends on how serious of a level you play this game. If not on a very serious competitive level, you can pick whatever secondary you want that just feels alright in your hands, and a character that appeals to you mentally, so to speak.

PHP

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHPalutena
Hey everyone, I haven't been having very much luck finding a secondary for Palutena. I initially used Sheik, but I have been trying to stray away from top tiers just because they get boring to use (and she can cover pretty much all match ups anyway). Then, I transitioned to Peach, but she just doesn't feel right. Other characters I have used are Duck Hunt, Lucario, Pikachu, Luigi, Jiggs, Mario, and Yoshi, to no luck.

Nobody seems to feel right for me to use, so that's why I am asking you Palutena mains what secondaries you use and why you use them. I have heard people recommend Dark Pit or Pit for a secondary, but I want to know what you guys think.
Idk what to tell you :/ it's all up to your preferences. I personally use Marth as a second and Samus as a third but that's because I like the playstyle

Last edited:

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
If you want a functional secondary, your only real choice is Sheik, the only character who can cover all of Palu's bad matchups. Really, if you already have Sheik knowledge, that's the character to have in your pocket when you run into a wall.

If that's not what you're looking for, really just play whoever else you enjoy playing. I personally second DK because he's fun (and because he's a bit of a pubstomper), but then I just get pooped on by Sheik and Rosa in general.

If your goal is just to play another character, there's no advice that anyone can really give you, just play who you like. If your goal is to have an effective secondary to deal with problems, the answer is Sheik and any other character you choose is a poor man's Sheik in this context.

wpwood

Smash Apprentice
I think Peach covers Palu's bad MUs pretty well. Plus I like Peach so I got a win-win. You want to choose a character you'll like, but also one that covers bad MUs pretty well.

SonicNKnux

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SonicNKnux
3DS FC
2251-4823-9526
When I first started with Palu I couldn't fight fast characters, or to be more precise, fast players. I started using Charizard and Meta Knight as secondaries. After I got better using Palu against faster players I started using Mewtwo, Rosalina and Peach, as their floaty mechanics feel similar to me. I like being able to juggle while in the air as with my previous secondaries, so I've picked up Bayonetta as well.

In reality, you should pick what feels natural to you. I'm adamant about not being a Mega Man, Falco or Lucina player, but I do really well with them because they feel good to me~

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
Just pitching in here that I also play Rosalina and Mewtwo. Is this a Thing with palu players? Are we naturally drawn towards characters who can space well or have teleports?

wpwood

Smash Apprentice
Well Peach doesn't have a teleport and every character can space. I just like Peach and think she covers Palutena's bad MUs. So I'm just lucky to like a character that can cover Palu pretty well.

Top Bottom