• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I fight Rosalina with... Rosalina?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHOST4700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MeatloafLP794
I know this is a very stupid qustion? But I was on for glory where I found this guy playing Marth and I beat him then he switched to Rosalina and he seemed to play her pretty competently, spacing bair well, going for Uair strings didn't recklessly shoot out Luma. And he destroyed me, I think it was because I've never fought a Rosalina who's competent because I think I'm the only Rosalina main in my town and because the only ones I've fought online are very bad and just shoot out Luma all the time. So does anyone have any advice? Or do I just need to space with her better than the opponent to win the Match?

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
Since this is a mirror match that you're talking about, it all comes down to who can outwit who better.
Not entirely though. It's a mirror match only when both Rosalinas either have their Luma, or both do not. The objective is to be the Rosalina with her Luma, and the other with out.

Once one Rosalina has a Luma and the other doesn't, it's no longer a mirror match IMO.

I know this is a very stupid qustion? But I was on for glory where I found this guy playing Marth and I beat him then he switched to Rosalina and he seemed to play her pretty competently, spacing bair well, going for Uair strings didn't recklessly shoot out Luma. And he destroyed me, I think it was because I've never fought a Rosalina who's competent because I think I'm the only Rosalina main in my town and because the only ones I've fought online are very bad and just shoot out Luma all the time. So does anyone have any advice? Or do I just need to space with her better than the opponent to win the Match?
The idea here is to quickly get rid of their Luma. Dash attack works great for starting this process. Then usually a fsmash or dsmash to send it off the edge. Star bits are great for stuffing the Luma. It can nullify LL because Luma is stunned from the star bits and won't perform the attack.

Yes, spacing is critical here. Also Rosalina can be juggled, and that it's what she does best. Force them in the air and try to juggle. As Mario and Sonic said, you gotta outplay them. But if you can get rid of their Luma and keep yours, you will have a significant advantage.

iiGGYxD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiGGYxD
3DS FC
0447-7543-7353
Pretty much what Zonderion said. When in the rosa ditto, think of it this way: you're fighting luma, not rosalina.

Focus on taking luma out, which you can do fairly easily. Dash attack, luma hit of nair knocks em back, jab. Once you have Luma out of the picture you have a HUGE advantage. More range, priority, kill power. From here you go in and don't let up while the other rosa has no luma.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
My biggest annoyance in the Rosalina mirror is that the game doesn't have anything to prevent the two of you from having the same color Luma, especially at the start since Luma is always yellow to begin with. Makes it annoying to remember which Luma is yours when you're in close quarters, or when both have been hit away, or whatever.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
A concerned user has pointed out to me that questions like this are better off being asked at the Q&A thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom