• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I edge guard Puff?

Burglor

Smash Rookie
I usually have a rough understanding of stuff, but I'm totally lost on this one. No good way to do it. Help.

DoomCake196

Smash Apprentice
Since puff is so light weight, a knee should get the job done.Or a tactic i like to use at high percents that is safer is to face away from the ledge and do a down tilt and time it so it hits puff. this genrally safer

タオー

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1146-8863
You want to be able to land a knee usually for the kill, but intermixing hax dashes with AI bair from ledge along with downward angled ftilt/dtilt are pretty much what you have at your disposal. The way I think about it is like edge guarding peach, but instead of "Threaten stage to force to ledge, grab ledge and force up B into edgehog kill", it's more like you have to do it 4-7 times in a row. Oh, and run out Uair can work well, as well as some deep moonwalk bairs, as a sweet spotted bair is a great kill move on Puff.

GR8gamer

Smash Rookie
Walling off Jigglypuff with back airs is an option that i usually take, usually has a bit more kill power than you expect if you don't hit it late.

Top Bottom