• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I deSynch?

Rykard

Smash Ace
well you dont want to have them desynched the whole match, that would just be bad. but are you having trouble desynching them in the first place, or keeping the desynched like you said?

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
... Don't be so mean to him... A lot of the guides about desyncing are too vaguely explained and all the good tips on desyncing are on discussions which would take hours to search through...

Well, there are many ways to desync. Any time the Ice Climbers are apart are times you can desync, like when someone hits you. Since Nana and you usually don't have the same damage, you will fly at different distances. Make yourself attack first and then when Nana gets to you, make her attack next. Continue to keep Nana busy with attacks so that you don't end up resyncing again.

You can also do a quick dash dance back and forth and find yourself desynced that way too because Nana can't really pivot in a dash dance so she will just slide back and forth leaving you in front of her by a little bit more and ready to do the first attack before Nana stops sliding.

Ceph

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1805-2306-4996
MANY ways! My favorite one to do is when you're just standing still, you lightly press the opposite direction, then a hard one forward + whatever (usually B or taunt) it's fun to make them do different taunts lol

Another common one is >B. If you push forward B and just as the animation finishes tap B, the two should be desynced and/or facing opposite directions.

Simple grabbing is another way to do it...while Popo's holding someone, you basically get to control Nana.

OH! Press back and Z (grab) at the same time, that works. Or press L/R + back at the same time, and Nana will roll forwards for some stoopid reason.

The dash dance method involves a simple left-right or right-left movement + whatever you want Nana to do. My fav is downB.

While I'm here I might as well mention a neat thingy I found....if you are onstage and Nana is onledge, push towards stage and then back to the edge to have Nana climb on and you slide off. Now, to get Nana back offstage and you onstage, just push B lol

Miller

Smash Lord
... Don't be so mean to him... A lot of the guides about desyncing are too vaguely explained and all the good tips on desyncing are on discussions which would take hours to search through...

Well, there are many ways to desync. Any time the Ice Climbers are apart are times you can desync, like when someone hits you. Since Nana and you usually don't have the same damage, you will fly at different distances. Make yourself attack first and then when Nana gets to you, make her attack next. Continue to keep Nana busy with attacks so that you don't end up resyncing again.

You can also do a quick dash dance back and forth and find yourself desynced that way too because Nana can't really pivot in a dash dance so she will just slide back and forth leaving you in front of her by a little bit more and ready to do the first attack before Nana stops sliding.
You do realize also that any melee guides on desyncing can go with this pretty much. Theres plenty of great guides that no one takes the time to look up. Im probably going to make a CGing and Desyncing guide so no more of these threads pop up. Its just irritating

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
You do realize also that any melee guides on desyncing can go with this pretty much. Theres plenty of great guides that no one takes the time to look up. Im probably going to make a CGing and Desyncing guide so no more of these threads pop up. Its just irritating
I would be glad to help with that. Seeing a topic asking for the most basic Ice Climbers every other day gets very annoying. And I don't think the current guide has been updated in a while has it?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
It's pretty easy to get desynching down. Here's some steps to do what I think is the easiest desynch.

1. Have nana get falcon punched (or warlock punched, but low enough % so she doesn't die)
2. Hold your shield until nana returns, and break your shield
3. Nana will come back and start doing attacks
4. Blizzard before you recover from shield break stun
5. Popo should be desynched!

voila you are now a desynch master!

smaci92

Smash Lord
hmmm....have you tried asking in the question & answer thread? cause a lot of people would be willing to help there...

people hate these kind of threads...but don't worry about it this time. :)

millar...can you give me the links to the CG and Desync guides when you put them up? cause I'd like to include it in the Useful Thread Index...

Dark Popo

Smash Cadet
I think most Climber mains desync at the very beginning of the match, which is obviously helpful.

I do the smash/run thing, not sure if it has a name or not. (mote likely).

Top Bottom