• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I deal with someone who relies on OoS options?

Hail Storm

Smash Rookie
He is a Ganondorf player. Most of his combos/strings come from shields. Shield grabs, dair oos, etc. Is there a specific 'best' way to approach this? (Marth/Sheik primarily)

Thanks.

pagedMov

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pagedMov
dont hit his shield
you shouldn't even really be approaching defensive players if you're sheik, just needle camp him

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
He is a Ganondorf player. Most of his combos/strings come from shields. Shield grabs, dair oos, etc. Is there a specific 'best' way to approach this? (Marth/Sheik primarily)

Thanks.
Try posting this in the marth or sheik boards. I'm not ready to type a thesis right now, but if he's shielding a lot you need to grab him. Marth can grab techchase the **** out of Ganon. Space a Marth fair and see what he does. If you don't space it he can uair oos BEFORE the second fair comes out. Bait him and space well.

Ganons main options oos are buffered roll, wd, bair, uair, fullhop dair, up-b. Shieldgrabbing without shield DI is easy to avoid/bait/punish.

End of post, gf johns.

Attack > grab
Grab > shield
Shield > attack

Learn the weapon triangle. It's in almost all fighting games. Exploit it. If he's shielding, grab him because grabs work against shield

JoeTango

It Takes Two
Reading this thread makes me appreciate playing spacies. Tripleshine grabbing a Ganon is what gives me life

Top Bottom