• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I deal with someone who crouch cancels my nairs?

BauxFalcon

Smash Apprentice
I find an opening, and I rush in with a nair, they CC, and catch me in my lag, even if space properly. This is especially annoying against spacies. Do I just grab instead?

Flippy Flippersen

Smash Journeyman
Falcon has more than 1 answer to cc. You can always decide to knee them. Grab like you mentioned is also a fine way to deal with it. Stomp is also a decent answer sometimes. It is important to not have just one solution for something that is so spammable. If you grab 100% of the time against cc the next time the spacey (or whatever else) ccs they'll simply spotdodge after you get in grabrange. (or shine if it's a spacey and he doesn't want to spotdodge)

Astherath

Smash Cadet
Yeah just like Flippy Flippersen Flippy Flippersen said, if you knee to counter CC them, that'll usually net you a stock near the ledge around mid percent because of their DI. It'll make them incredibly afraid to CC afterwards, and you can capitalize with nairs.

The real trick is to never become predictable, as the other player will have an answer to your answer if he catches on to you.

タオー

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1146-8863
Options to deal with CC:

1. Hard Knee
2. Grab
3. Stomp

I want to say that Uair works past a certain percent, but I don't know it off the top of my head. From 0% if you land a stomp/knee you can instant grab, provided you don't miss your L cancel

Top Bottom