• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I convert off throws?

TheFuture

Smash Rookie
I get a lot of grabs when I play but whenever I up throw Dair/Bair I can never get a follow up. Am I doing it wrong or is it just very difficult?

Berble

Smash Apprentice
On floaties you dair after uthrow is pretty good because you either get them way under the stage or you can follow up the tech on stage. on spacies you can uthrow and nair into shine or just shine and then come down with a dair. fthrow bthrow and dthrow mixups are all good too especially if you have a read on their di. also generally if they're at a decent percent and you're near the ledge you usually want to fthrow (against spacies) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3EvVrX7jls&t=2m7s
watch this set pp gets a lot of grabs and converts off them really well even when mango has good di out of them like the moment I linked

LL87

Smash Rookie
Bthrow follow ups are not, but sometimes, stuff like bthrow ftilt angled down vs spacie works, or bthrow dair (pp did that vs mango at... zenith maybe ?).

Zekk

Smash Apprentice
here are a couple options
D-throw Wavedash to the enemy shine dair ect.
F-Throw Wavedash in front of the enemy up tilt combo shine ect.
U-throw dair follow shine sombo ect.

Im Fragbait

Smash Apprentice
i honestly feel like falco has a lot of good options when he has the grab however i think its very hard to land a grab with falco. so i wouldn't really spend too much time on grab follow up combos, just know what your character can do based on where your opponent ends up after the grab. All of falcos aerials (Excluding forward-air) are perfectly capable of covering his throws

UpThrow->UpAir (If you cant get above your opponent; High percents; Floaties)
UpThrow->Downair (If you can get above your opponent; Low Percents; Fast fallers)
UpThrow->Nair or Bair (If you want your opponent offstage; or looking for the kill)
UpThrow-> Fair (Low Percents in order to have your opponent hit by all kicks)

BackThrow-> Bair
BackThrow-> Waveshine
BackThrow-> Regrab
BackThrow-> F-smash
BackThrow-> Dair
BackThrow-> Nair

ForwardThrow-> F-smash
ForwardThrow-> Waveshine
ForwardThrow-> Wavedash-> Up-tilt
ForwardThrow-> D-smash (Weak throw covers his tech roll option)
ForwardThrow-> Dair
ForwardThrow-> Nair
ForwardThrow->Wavedash->d-tilt
ForwardThrow->s-tilt

DownThrow-> Dair
DownThrow-> Shine
DownThrow-> F-smash
DownThrow-> Bair
DownThrow-> Waveshine
DownThrow->dtilt

Nothings guaranteed, everything depends on the opponents decision of what way they tech. They have options, they dont tech, tech, or tech roll away or towards you. But you have options too and in order to win you need to predict what they are going to do. Hope this helps. btw i got lazy and didnt lay out which way they need to tech for all the other "combos" to work, sorry about that xD.

TheFuture

Smash Rookie
Actually Falco's shine grab is better than fox's it's +1 on shield unlike foxes which is -1

DeepDish

Smash Apprentice
I really like back throw to up throw on space animals for DI mix ups. They DI in, regrab, up throw, DI away, any aerial you like. My personal favourite: back throw off stage to regrab (if they DI in cause they're scared or not expecting it) to forward throw, grab ledge, do Falco edgu4rds and Falco stuff, win.

Back throw off stage to forward tilt is also hilarious.

Last edited:
Top Bottom