• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do i consistantly shorthop back air?

Dense

Smash Rookie
You see, shorthopping my Nair, Fair and Uair is consistant, Dair is consistant too but it's not too useful. But Bair? Not so much. I tried going forward a bit and then doing a Bair, but it only sometimes worked, like i get a Back air the first time and then i get a Fair. This gets real troubling with Mario since his Fair is too slow for a good shorthop (or atleast most situations in the middle of the stage).

Does anyone have a consistant strategy with this?

signor

Smash Rookie
For Bair I usually try to hold the opposite direction while landing so ensure a turn-around.

Turn around -> short hop + bair -> fast fall -> hold opposite direction of bair direction

So for example if you were attacking someone to your left, you would turn right, do the SH+Bair and then after inputting that, fast falling and pulling away from the opponent. Almost like a circular movement. It feels wicked smooth once you get used to it and is way less janky than trying to pull it off without that. Really useful on Shiek.

Seti

Smash Rookie
Are you RAR:ing? Just before shorthopping out of running you wanna flick the stick in the opposite direction of where your character is facing and then SH. Then you do the Bair input.

Top Bottom