• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I combo lighter characters?

Berble

Smash Apprentice
I'm seeking advice in what moves I should use to combo lighter characters (Marth especially). I find that my usual aerial - shine - waveland or jump - aerial sends him too high for me to get anything greater than another stray aerial. Am I doing something wrong with the timing of my execution or should I be doing different moves entirely? Any help is appreciated!

SAUS

Smash Ace
Fast-fall and then dair late so that you land as soon as possible after hitting with the dair. Use up-tilts as much as possible (actually, imo, I think up-tilt is much better for comboing than shine except when the opponent is at very low damage).

1MachGO

Smash Ace
Too many falco's think shine is the only move that combos after dair.

Use utilt

Naughty Pixel

Smash Apprentice
following a shine isnt too tough, at mid percents if you're on a regular stage with a top platform for example you shine jump waveland on platform to get your jumps back then jump to reach them. but in general shines just aren't as effective as they are on some of the other characters. rather than spamming shield pressure and chipping them with a shine you could go for shine grabs on shield to try for some better follow ups.

-Dubs

Smash Cadet
Weak hits such as Fair, soft Nair/Bair, dash attack, UpSmash, and UTilt are great combo tools.
Remember to not always try to Shine->Dair->Shine->Dair; it only works on fastfallers and non-DIing middleweights.

crimsonfail

Smash Rookie
Fast-fall and then dair late so that you land as soon as possible after hitting with the dair. Use up-tilts as much as possible (actually, imo, I think up-tilt is much better for comboing than shine except when the opponent is at very low damage).
can confirm, uptilt has lower knockback than shine below 75%

Top Bottom