• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do i change the texture of a item?

Linnom

Smash Cadet
I tried to change the texture of the banana peel, but in game this item appeared with a random texture, sometime black and sometime glitched. What i did wrong?

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
You change it in common3.pac, which you have.

It seems that you're a beginner of texture hacking?

• Size of the image (heightxwidth) should retain and not be changed
• If the texture covers the whole image, it HAS to cover the whole image; otherwise, if you try to make half of the image transparent, the game would not read it as transparent and would make the texture black and pixelated. Although some certain textures can be read transparent, like Peach's and Zelda's whole entire body and dress

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Yes, it's in common3. ItmParamX are the hitboxes and other things related to the item itself. You need to have opensa2 to view the hitbox parameters, and use a hex editor to change them.

qwerty

Smash Rookie
Ok, so I can change the hitbox, but it doesn't seem like the ray gun shot has a model. Is it possible to change it into the shape of a bullet?

Orange Yoda

Smash Rookie
Help!!

OK, so I was reading here and read the following quote
You change it in common3.pac, which you have.

It seems that you're a beginner of texture hacking?

• Size of the image (heightxwidth) should retain and not be changed
• If the texture covers the whole image, it HAS to cover the whole image; otherwise, if you try to make half of the image transparent, the game would not read it as transparent and would make the texure black and pixelated. Although some certain textures can be read transparent, like Peach's and Zelda's whole entire body and dress
So, I downloaded some textures and a common3.pac. I inserted them correctly.. however, they won't show up in game. I think I placed them in the wrong folder. I placed them in:
F:\private\wii\APP\RSBE\pf\system
I also named it Common3_en.pac. So, what gives!!?

Top Bottom