• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I change the emblem on Marth's cape?

pseudomac

Smash Apprentice
Ive recently been modding Melee out of boredom and I have to say that one of my favorite texture hacks is the Hylian Soldier one for Marth. I thought it would be cool though to put a custom emblem on his cape, but alas, Im having loads of trouble. Ive searched everywhere and i cant find the right texture for his cape. Am i doing something wrong? Or is there a whole other method of doing thing? Ive managed to find the emblem texture on another site but it doesnt match anything i have.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Here is a tutorial:

http://smashboards.com/threads/melee-hacks-and-you-updated-1-7-11.247119/page-80#post-11921896

If you downloaded a marth texture dump from above, you'll see his cape symbol targa file has the file name xxxxx_14.tga
The above guide is for textures like this one that end in _14 (CMPR textures).

You don't have to worry about finding the offset though, because that is already mapped out for you in a .txt file in those texture packs. This is the only way I know how to do it for Marth's cape emblem, because InternetExplorer's Melee Toolkit (which makes replacing textures really easy - search this forum for it) unfortunately does not display Marth's cape texture as an available one to change, for whatever reason.

Top Bottom