• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I cancel dash -> F Smash?

RaiLDN

Smash Rookie
Hi guys,

In melee I am used to holding down on the analog and c-sticking forward to dash -> F-Smash.

Every time I try this in Project M I just do a dash attack.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Hi @ R RaiLDN
There are two different cases:
Initial dash
In one you are still in the initial dash (when you start your dash). In this case you have to input a dash in the opposite direction and then input a smash attack. It has a 3-frame-window on your first dash, a one-frame-window after at least one dashdance. Foxtrotting resets to 3.
It works because you are in the standing animation on these frames after your input and you could do any action then.

Run cancel
If you are already in your run animation, you can simply press down (crouch) and input a smash attack. A crouch instantly cancels run. There is no time window in it.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Run cancel works fine. You're likely trying to crouch during initial dash or not crouching fast enough out of run.

To fsmash out of initial dash, simply flick your joystick in the direction opposite of where you want to smash and simultaneously flick the c-stick in the direction you want your fsmash to come out.

Fortress

Smash Master
Even better, you can just foxtrot-dash-dance, tilt the stick the direction you would like to fSmash in, and perform it with no use of the c-Stick required.

Top Bottom