• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I beat Yoshi?

Deception

Smash Ace
For some random reason I cannot beat a decent Yoshi for the life of me, no matter which character I use. He keeps avoiding me, then hits me fast and kills me with Uair. What's the best way to beat him.

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
For some random reason I cannot beat a decent Yoshi for the life of me, no matter which character I use. He keeps avoiding me, then hits me fast and kills me with Uair. What's the best way to beat him.
You can't goto a yoshi bored and ask them to spew out how to beat their character. The best way to approach this is to ask this question in the Samus board, or of the character you wish to use to beat yoshi.

Here's a hint though: Yoshi sucks out of shield :3

That and http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=205232

Deception

Smash Ace
Here's the problem. I use Game & Watch as a second. I tried fighting some Yoshis with him because you list him having a 7:3 advantage. I still have trouble beating him. What makes Game and Watch a bad matchup for him?

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
His aerials, because Yoshi does not have an answer for any of them. And his smashes hurt, too. =(

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: If you want to beat Yoshi, I'll tell you how.

Pick Marth or Captain Falcon.

If you picked Marth, spam Over+B and random jabs and forward tilts.

If you picked Captain Falcon, do lots of jabs.

Both characters grab Yoshi fairly easily, which I think is still his biggest weakness as a character.

So spam really quick easy moves and go right into grabs.

Throw and then do stuff (I'm being totally serious) until you can attempt edgeguarding.

Edgeguarding is something you'll have to learn on your own how to do against Yoshi--it's not something you can be taught, really.

But yeah, you should be set. If the Yoshi is simply better than you, you'll have a real hard time since Yoshi is a pretty good character. You can still abuse strategies that aim at his weaknesses to try to take him down a notch, however.

P.S. - If you'll do some reading, you'll find out a lot of the things you think are true actually aren't. Keep that in mind. A lot of things.

Top Bottom