• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Do I Beat Wolf?!

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
i main peach and samus and the one character i have the most trouble with is wolf.
my friend follows this pattern:
blaster, blaster, blaster, smash, repeat (in no particular order)
i'm in no way complaining about blaster spam. i actually enjoy when ppl spam moves because it makes them that much more predictable. i just have trouble with wolf's blaster because it completely disrupts my approaches

i figured wolf mainers out of everyone would know how to help
thanks

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
Peach has a counter with some reach on it. Make your friend think twice about close-range blaster or fsmash. Both of those moves run right into toad.

Big tip: Evade more often, and more accurately. Your friend won't seem so epic anymore.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
yeah evading works.
wolf's close range combat seems to out prioritize everything.
and his grab lasts forever (i'll sidestep it and he'll still grab me)

playing a smart defense seems to work the best.
y'all chose a pretty good character to main
:D

Kenrawr

Smash Master
...learn a counter char >_>;;;

Samus vs. Wolf is a hard match up w/e you try to do :x

Peach vs. Wolf is okay except when it comes to finishing. I find it hard to face a peach when she hangs out in the air due to the fact that wolf's only real finisher is his dsmash ^^ those babies go right under.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
...learn a counter char >_>;;;

Samus vs. Wolf is a hard match up w/e you try to do :x

Peach vs. Wolf is okay except when it comes to finishing. I find it hard to face a peach when she hangs out in the air due to the fact that wolf's only real finisher is his dsmash ^^ those babies go right under.

yeah i have trouble finishing with peach. and samus is tough to use because wolf out prioritizes her at close combat.

d@mn you wolf.

Reaper0329

Smash Cadet
I wish I could help you more, Fire. I main Wolf, and I do pretty well (IMO. I am positive i would get owned around here though). The best I can do for you is advise to press your attack, block as best you can, and pray to God he can't recover in time to send you flying.

BTW, how do you manage to main Peach? I played with her 5 times for a trophy, and will never do it again.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
the reason i love peach is because she is fast and has an amazing air game.
also her float, when used correctly, can effectively throw off your opponents timing and allow for a difficult to stop approach.

i've realized that i have a much better shot with peach than i do with samus, too

Roy-G-Biv

Smash Journeyman
Wolf's blaster has a massive delay, and animation lag.
Play as Wolf some.
You'll see the delay in it.
Not to mention wolf is easy to beat as the Ice climbers.

Ghetto Soldier

Smash Apprentice
man wolf cant lose to a hoe and fan severs lol

well with peach tupin camp an fair keep great spacing or wolf can rip you up with F-smash and d-smash an he easy to gimp of the edge so you should be able to kill him with just 2 stock.

and sry cant help you with samus never played the match up

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
The Samus matchup is a really tough one. If you know your opponent is going to play Wolf I just wouldn't play Samus. But if you do play Samus, try fullhopping while shooting homing missiles to counter blaster spam. Use Z-air to counter Wolf's approach. In close combat there's really not much you can do. Wolf is just a tough matchup for Samus

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
You don't beat Wolf. It's impossible.

Just kidding. Seriously, though, power shield. Learn how to do it. Just run at him, powershield the first hit, keep running, power shield, run, power shield and then you hit him.

Blaster spam is easy to power shield.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
Learning to time the ground dodge can be very helpful in dealing with wolfs smash attacks. Try to nail wolf when hes trying to recover(watch out if he does B-left). Wolfs pistol can be dodged so try to do so but it can be hard for characters like gannondorf or bowser.

Goodstyle

Smash Apprentice
Wait. Your using samus and peach against WOLF? There is no need for an explanation.

Naaa, I'm kidding it's just really hard for those characters because of Wolf's reflector and well everything. Learn to time his moves and power shield his lasers. Your gonna have to be a way better player than your opponent to beat Wolf with those kinds of characters.

finn2

Smash Rookie
I also use peach and wolf is a tough one to beat. Especially when the other person goes between spamming then mixes it up. His priority is so annoying and he doesnt lag enough between those powerful fsmashes and dsmashes. Coupled with his reflector that also stuns up close (watch out for an approaching wolf reflector) makes me hate him. Even olimar's Fsmashes get eaten by his attacks. My problem is that you can't get close at all to attack and his reflector kills projectiles. I found that air games kind of throws of his relentlesness, I sometimes use Jiggly for that but even then when fighting a semi good wolf user you're still toast. Side dodging is usefull but not if they're also spamming their Dsmash which the best users will. I suggest do everything those other guys tell you but stay close to the edge and keep grabbing and trying to bump him off. Toad is rarely usefull, most catch on to the toad against blaster thing and they'll probably Fsmash after the blaster cuz toad lags more. I also suggest using your neutral att cuz it disrupts him more than you think. Good luck and if you find a way or even another character that can beat him please please tell me.

I can beat all the characters with peach EXCEPT wolf. He eats peach.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
I also use peach and wolf is a tough one to beat. Especially when the other person goes between spamming then mixes it up. His priority is so annoying and he doesnt lag enough between those powerful fsmashes and dsmashes. Coupled with his reflector that also stuns up close (watch out for an approaching wolf reflector) makes me hate him. Even olimar's Fsmashes get eaten by his attacks. My problem is that you can't get close at all to attack and his reflector kills projectiles. I found that air games kind of throws of his relentlesness, I sometimes use Jiggly for that but even then when fighting a semi good wolf user you're still toast. Side dodging is usefull but not if they're also spamming their Dsmash which the best users will. I suggest do everything those other guys tell you but stay close to the edge and keep grabbing and trying to bump him off. Toad is rarely usefull, most catch on to the toad against blaster thing and they'll probably Fsmash after the blaster cuz toad lags more. I also suggest using your neutral att cuz it disrupts him more than you think. Good luck and if you find a way or even another character that can beat him please please tell me.

I can beat all the characters with peach EXCEPT wolf. He eats peach.
Errr, eat is an overstatement. It's not the hardest match up in the world ;p

Wiz

Smash Cadet
i don't have time to read everyone's post, but at least one of you guys must be kinda mad at what this is all about. I mean, i don't main Wolf, but if i did, I would definitely NOT tell anyone how to get past my lazers. I mean, c'mon, u guys never heard of pride?

Top Bottom