• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I beat Link with Young Link?

disturbedperson

Smash Cadet
it may seem very dangerous, but i stick on the floating platform to the left of where you start. I sit there and fight using the down smash to rack damage, sending him off the edge, then d-tilt spiking him. with luck you can also simply spike him down as he comes down at you and he won't meteor cancel. it's actually quite easy.

Thomaz

Smash Lord
Heh, I know an even quicker way. When you start, hop down to the left platform and crouch-cancel. Link wil Dair you and kill himself. Wait for him to do it again and again. ;)

NJE789

Smash Journeyman
That's all good as a last resort, but who doesn't want to take Link out head-on?

Watch for his hookshot, and be ready to side-step dodge it, giving you plenty of time to punish Link for it. You can bait him with your sheild and expect it almost every time. Easy to side-step, too.
Then use your own hookshot, up-throw to up-smash if he goes straight up, or spin attack if he DI's away, but watch for his d-air here. Probably a bit too risky, maybe you should up-tilt instead.

You can swipe his boomerang and arrows, and catch his bomb. Don't sheild it, or Link'll probably hookshot you.

Your own boomerang can mess Link up, so always start by throwing it at him at a distance, then run in with your hookshot, or f-tilt him and finish him off with u-air when he's flailing in the air.

Sheild his sword combo, and time a hookshot out of sheild by holding L/R and then tap A.

Creature_85

Smash Lord
Try using arials to stay away from the hookshot, but avoid Dair, because he will roll out of the way or counter it. Once you have him up to about 50-60 damage, then start using arrows or boomerang, and then rushing in for a smash.

12soreloser

Smash Cadet
when the match starts, jump to the platform by the turtle, go to the left

grab him with your hookshot and throw him backwards

done coorectly, link should bebeside you (off the edge and stuck under the roof of the main platform)

if your constantly shoot arrows and bombs, he wont be able to get back on the platform and he will rack up major damage

finally, f-smash and press A 2 times if u hit him, he will fly into the ceiling

if he took enough damage, he will bounce right off and into the water

(i beat him by luck that was just a theory)

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Dude, stop resurrecting ancient threads! These threads started back in 2004!

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
We'll make sure Link rocks in Brawl, yes?

Top Bottom