• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do i approach with Lucario?

The Aura in Me

Smash Rookie
This is to help with Lucario's offensive game. How to approach, intiate the first move of what could be your combo starter, and how to finish. Lets discuss.

KMAL

Smash Apprentice
This is to help with Lucario's offensive game. How to approach, intiate the first move of what could be your combo starter, and how to finish. Lets discuss.
Well, I don't usually play Lucario, but what I do is approach with a short-hop fair, followed by a jab combo, then side-b, but usually that's where it ends for me because I can't follow up with lucario to save my life. But I am interested on this topic so I'll stick around to see what I can pick up.

Last edited:

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
This has actually been discussed a fair bit in this thread here.

After a few more recent tournament outings (and the realization that I as a player have a horrific neutral), I've been having to re-evaluate how to move in neutral. Inevitably, I've come back to the convince your opponent to make mistakes method being the safer and more rewarding choice. If you've got your heart set on approaching someone who is at advantage, using movement options such as B-reverse/Wave Bounce ASC, BAS, DT, moonwalk, and the general movement tech to apply positional pressure is usually a better course of action.

Well, I don't usually play Lucario, but what I do is approach with a short-hop fair, followed by a jab combo, then side-b, but usually that's where it ends for me because I can't follow up with lucario to save my life.
If this is a 0% combo, you may find that a better option than FP here would be a tilt[probably dtilt]>usmash/ASC, since both options are pretty decent at positioning your opponent for an easier followup and punishing a possible CC (spacing dependent).

Top Bottom