• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do deal with wario's chomp?

OldManTellah

Smash Cadet
The only things I've gotten through it are ftilt and falcon punch. Any other strategies that could work?

EDIT: utilt works at a distance away and jumping over has potential. Charging an fsmash seems like it could work, too.

Neo M.J

Smash Apprentice
The bite can grab most moves that use the characters body, unless a non sword\projectile character has Snake's hitbox they cant really try attacking him from the front.
Wait for the bite to end and punish his as he closes his mouth or try to air dodge and bair.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Utilt doesn't work? Also you might want to try UpB some more. The one time I saw you use it, you were still in the startup phase of the move that has 0 priority since it's not attacking yet. Try using it sooner and see what happens. Other possible options include trying SH Air dodge Bair and maybe SH Dair (not sure how tall Wario is in comparison to Falcon's SH). I dunno. It doesn't look good though...

OldManTellah

Smash Cadet
I just tested dtilt, sh airdodge bair, and sh dair. None of them work. SH dair damages him, but he bites you, anyway and sh airdodge takes too long so you end up on the ground behind him and by the time you can whip anything out he can do something else.

Tenki

Smash Hero
it's the same with falcon punch, too isn't it? :p

Wario can only extend his mouth for so long. Coming from a Sonic standpoint, I'd probably just wait to do an attack until it starts to end.

Top Bottom