• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How did you play when you were still "casual"?

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Kirby vs lvl 3 Bowser on Palutena's temple with 5 minutes and no stocks...... those were the days lol

Plus Bowser and Koopalings only 8-player smash

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
As a kid I thought I was the best Smash Bros player in the world because I was able to use DK Forward Smash and his Neutral B all the time in addition to using his Down B to finish 100 Man Melee.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
My "casual days" were back in Brawl, and at that time I actually had a good idea of how to play and what good strategies were. The problem is, I was so unaccustomed to grabbing that I almost never used it, and the second someone else used theirs, I would remember I had one and then spam it for the next minute. I was also one of the many who played really aggressively on their controllers and never knew that tilt attacks existed, so whenever I tried to do a smash attack and accidentally did a tilt, I was always disappointed or confused.

My controller scheme was also cringe-worthy. I started with the terrible sideways Wii Remote, and when I taught myself the Wii Remote + Nunchuck, I thought I had mastered the game. If only I had used my Classic Controller I bought for Mario Kart Wii back in Brawl...

I also played against the CPU on gimmicky stages way too much, so I was terrible against real people. I've improved on that now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom