• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How did you beat All Star on Hard with Duck Hunt on Wii U?

Dj.D

Smash Apprentice
I tried yesterday since it's one of the challenge requirements. It's really difficult, the cpu's seem to predict and block or dodge perfectly, even when trying to keep all 3 projectiles in the game and make it difficult for them to approach me. Also they are very aggressive. I make it to the 3rd round, beat it only once, but I wonder if it's the stage that's the problem. I keep getting Kongo Jungle 64 and I think that stage is bad for Duck Hunt, since it's pretty small. And you can't use a golden hammer on that challenge.

I would like tips and advice for completing that challenge. Or really All Star on Hard. It seems a lot harder than the 3DS version.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Haven't done it but the WiiU version really stresses the "CPUs gang up on human players" thing more so than previous games. It's nuts.

Rambolav

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rambolav
3DS FC
4210-4112-3193
Haven't done it but the WiiU version really stresses the "CPUs gang up on human players" thing more so than previous games. It's nuts.
Yeah, it's fine for CPUs to do it, but if a human player does it to another human player, he or she is kicked online!

Rosco

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2208-5202-8834
The AI has issues with the can and it can be used to fake them out or control them. They tend to way over shield when the can is in play so if you herd a few to the side while focusing your attacks on one of the other AIs it can cut down on the pressure. A wild gunman at your back can be useful as a quick wall to cover your flank as well.

EnigmaticKnight

Smash Apprentice
I saw a video of someone spamming explosive can, clay shooting, and the Wild Gunman at the Al. Of course, that's just to increase damage percentages until they can use their Smash attacks.

Dj.D

Smash Apprentice
Well I beat it the other day. I had to mostly keep my distance, spam the clay shooter and remember that it's safer to use the can when there's only one cpu on screen and they are far away from you.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I don't know how I did this on my first attempt. I got up to 256% on one round and still managed to survive.

LittleLuigi

Smash Rookie
I'm having the same problem with DHD.

Nevertheless CPU is one of those in Japanese Street Fighter's Arcade, when it copies every single move that I'm trying to do, besides, the stage really do matters, everytime that I start at Super Mario Galaxy I go straight to SD cause in there CPU live long enough to come back through the ground.

Zerandom077

Smash Rookie
Some of SHE's best kill moves are his smashes, Nair, bair, uair and utilt. I used the gunmen, clay pigeon to get some chip damage. Ftilt and fair to space, and bucket to set up traps. Also, don't be afraid to be in high percentages. The fighters have reduced knockback, so you van usually live up to about 200%, so take advantage of all that rage. Be careful of stage hazards though, as they behave the same as in normal smashes.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I also would like advice. This is ****ing impossible, and I'm going to end up breaking a controller over this. This is infuriatingly difficult if DHD is not one of your main characters. I have been trying this for DAYS and rarely get past the 3rd ****ing match. If I do, I usually get wombo comboed in round 5. I have made it past that one exactly twice, and the last time I just got sniped by Samus' charge shot about 5 seconds into the match. I am FURIOUS at this challenge. It is not even remotely fun at this point.

And yes, the stage selection absolutely matters, and for some strange reason the best stages show up about 5% of the ****ing time. Imagine that!

Also, don't be afraid to be in high percentages. The fighters have reduced knockback, so you van usually live up to about 200%, so take advantage of all that rage.
Except that's bull**** because for some stupid ****ing reason it doesn't apply to projectiles, or to moves like Olimar's Pikmin attacks. I went into round 6 with 90% damage and a heart in reserve for the last round, and I got picked off from across the ****ing stage by Samus about 5 seconds in. I was KO'ed instantly, and I was nowhere close to 200%.

Last edited:

Pentao

Smash Apprentice
I also would like advice. This is ****ing impossible, and I'm going to end up breaking a controller over this. This is infuriatingly difficult if DHD is not one of your main characters. I have been trying this for DAYS and rarely get past the 3rd ****ing match. If I do, I usually get wombo comboed in round 5. I have made it past that one exactly twice, and the last time I just got sniped by Samus' charge shot about 5 seconds into the match. I am FURIOUS at this challenge. It is not even remotely fun at this point.

And yes, the stage selection absolutely matters, and for some strange reason the best stages show up about 5% of the ****ing time. Imagine that!

Except that's bull**** because for some stupid ****ing reason it doesn't apply to projectiles, or to moves like Olimar's Pikmin attacks. I went into round 6 with 90% damage and a heart in reserve for the last round, and I got picked off from across the ****ing stage by Samus about 5 seconds in. I was KO'ed instantly, and I was nowhere close to 200%.
You're going to want to stay mobile. Don't use DH's smash attacks unless you know it'll hit, or if you're trying to finish an opponent off. You don't need to deal a lot of damage to the AI All-Stars before launching them with something, but try to maneuver around with aerials and projectiles before going in for the zapper. Don't be afraid to throw or spend time running away so that the AI disperses a bit. And try to make sure all the stage hazards work in your favor, dodge things aimed at you, and hope the AI falls prey to them.

Remember that in All-Star, the only attacks that can really KO you outright will be projectiles, and certain other attacks. Charizard's Flare Blitz will pop you, as will Ness' yo-yo. Everyone else? Just worry if they have a projectile. You'll want to go into the round that spawns Link/Zelda/Samus with a decently low % unless you can KO them quickly.

Play calmly, and avoid trying to rush things, as you'll leave yourself open more often when you go for rage smashes.

Luckily the last stage is the easiest one. Little Mac sucks at landing his KO punch and sometimes will use it from full screen for no apparent reason. Don't let Pac-Man charge his fruit, and hope that you don't get hit by the Judgement 9 Hammer. G&W doesn't spam it but he will use it.

Top Bottom