• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How did we miss this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
http://nintendoeverything.com/masah...out-game-balance-in-the-new-smash-bros-games/

“Now that Sunday’s day off is past, I’m currently working on the character adjustment for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. At the moment, Bowser is very strong. He’s really strong. Fans of Smash Bros. probably never saw him as too much of a strong character, but this time, his ability to knock others out is very strong!”

- Bowser’s Smash attacks, special attacks, and aerial attacks now have quite the ability to send opponents flying through the air
- The best part about this is that it feels great
- This great feeling is what Sakurai would like to focus on for the upcoming Smash Bros. games
- He’s putting more care into that part of the game than ever
- Sakurai says having strong attacks are also something that must be carefully balanced
- This is because it may feel unfair to opponents if they’re too overpowered
- In order to meet the right standards, Sakurai and the rest of the development team have been spending a lot of time adjusting stronger attacks to see what works best"

Hopefully, Bowser's smash attacks will KO lighter characters from 0%. ;) (no, not really)

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
We didn't miss this but I'm glad you put all those quotes together if they weren't already.

I hope Bowser is half as good as he sounds in this game. Not getting my hopes too high though.

Shök

Smash Champion
Bowser sounds good, so far. Seems like they're working a bit more to improve him. Can't wait.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
If there is hitstun in this game, I do fear for Bowser mains that he will get blitzed. Whether his attacks are obscenely strong, strength was never a defining factor in Smash as much as speed is. Pikachu/Kirby/Fox in SSB64? Speed demon. Fox/Falco/Sheik/Marth (well sorta for Marth) in SSBM? Speed demons. Meta Knight in Brawl? Does frame 2 up air and frame 5 down smash ring a bell?

Bowser doesn't need a strength increase as he needs an attack speed increase. His priority is already pretty high, but his slowness prevents the attacks from ever coming out.

Smady

Smash Master
If there is hitstun in this game, I do fear for Bowser mains that he will get blitzed. Whether his attacks are obscenely strong, strength was never a defining factor in Smash as much as speed is. Pikachu/Kirby/Fox in SSB64? Speed demon. Fox/Falco/Sheik/Marth (well sorta for Marth) in SSBM? Speed demons. Meta Knight in Brawl? Does frame 2 up air and frame 5 down smash ring a bell?

Bowser doesn't need a strength increase as he needs an attack speed increase. His priority is already pretty high, but his slowness prevents the attacks from ever coming out.
This is why Bowser and other heavyweights/large character need hitstun resistance on their moves, so they don't just get stunned out of them all. This is what Project M did and it worked wonders, is maybe necessary to save the bigger characters from total mediocrity competitively.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
This is why Bowser and other heavyweights/large character need hitstun resistance on their moves, so they don't just get stunned out of them all. This is what Project M did and it worked wonders, is maybe necessary to save the bigger characters from total mediocrity competitively.
There's actually evidence that Bowser has received some hitstun res.

In Little Mac's trailer, just at the end, Bowser is seen punching Mac, and Mega Man attacking Bowser with his Mega Buster, but Bowser isn't taking ANY hitstun.

Smady

Smash Master

In Little Mac's trailer, just at the end, Bowser is seen punching Mac, and Mega Man attacking Bowser with his Mega Buster, but Bowser isn't taking ANY hitstun.
That's cool, and it makes sense. Bowser has been crap competitively since Melee and he needs the resistance, and some super armour. If they just gave him some more super armoured attacks I'd be totally satisfied.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
That's cool, and it makes sense. Bowser has been crap competitively since Melee and he needs the resistance, and some super armour. If they just gave him some more super armoured attacks I'd be totally satisfied.
I'm doing the Bowser vet. analysis... so I've made it my business to know everything about him.

And in unrelated news, a light bulb just fell from it's socket at complete random. Excuse me as I clean all the shattered glass up. :ohwell:

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace

I wouldn't count this as hitstun res unless we've seen Mega Buster in use on other characters. It could be a Fox blaster scenario where it actually doesn't -deal- hitstun.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I wouldn't count this as hitstun res unless we've seen Mega Buster in use on other characters. It could be a Fox blaster scenario where it actually doesn't -deal- hitstun.
Well, we actually have seen the Mega Buster in action. Check it out:

Start watching around 4:20.

Smady

Smash Master
It may not be automatic hitstun resistance, but maybe super armor. Either way it is a good change.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045

HOLY CRAP! This is big news for Bowser! i'm surprised the Bowser fans haven't swarmed this topic so far!

Good catch! As long as Mega Man's mega buster still functions the same as it did in the developer direct and original trailer then Bowser really does have hit stun resistance from the back. At least from that particular attack.

Wowsers this is gonna be good!

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Good catch! As long as Mega Man's mega buster still functions the same as it did in the developer direct and original trailer then Bowser really does have hit stun resistance from the back. At least from that particular attack.
I'm hoping it hasn't changed since then, but with the frequency with which it fires, I could see them changing it to be like Fox's blaster.

If that's spammable, it seems like it'd be overpowered, actually. It provides some incredibly good hitstun...

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Mele
You don't want hitstun to be in this game when one of the few good things about previous Bowsers has been that he deals piles of it to other characters?
Melee Bowser had max 2-3 hit combos. And define previous Bowsers. He was only in two games and Melee he was garbage in, and Brawl had no true combos (to be exact, very few true combos).

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
You don't want hitstun to be in this game when one of the few good things about previous Bowsers has been that he deals piles of it to other characters?
Mele

Melee Bowser had max 2-3 hit combos. And define previous Bowsers. He was only in two games and Melee he was garbage in, and Brawl had no true combos (to be exact, very few true combos).
It's too early to tell what hitstun will even mean for the game.

We still don't know variables like how strong DI is, how long hitstun lasts, etc.

We just won't know until people go hands-on with 4.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856

Most probably think that because that's all we ever had in Smash Bros. that worked well together. If Bowser is OBSCENELY strong coupled with better defined armor than he has a shot, especially if he can shrug off multi hit moves like a Fox SSBM drill shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom