• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How dedicatted are you to your main??

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Rosalina is the only character I DESPISE in this game. There are ones I dislike fighting, and others that are just hard match up for me, but I absolutely can't STAND Rosalina. The entire idea of her makes me boil. I honestly can not understand how this character made it past conception stage. So Luma can rack up damage on the opponent, while Rosalina stands 20 miles away, clear from ANY danger....and if you hit Luma nobody takes any damage? How...just how is that even a thing? You leave yourself open and get grabbed and Luma can hit you and break the grab? How did someone play test that and go "yeah, that's good leave that in." It's essentially a 2 v 1 handicap match from the start. You're fighting 2 people at once. Yeah man, seems reasonable.

Today I just had to SD to end the game because there was no way to get back on the stage. I don't mean "it was tough, but possible", I mean there was no possible way back onto the stage. The opponent just kept hanging Luma off and knocking me back. I main Bowser, so my recovery is pretty much the same thing, the fortress upward and he's huge. Just over and over kept getting knocked away from the ledge while Rosalina stood there in the middle of the stage, miles away from any potential danger, and I literally had to SD to get out of the loop because getting on the stage wasn't even possible. If my internet wasn't junk I'd start saving these insane replays and uploading them so people could see the BS.

Don't take it personal, I'm not attacking you or anything like that, but that character is complete BS and for good reason. There's a reason why she most widely hated out of all the roster. The only way I wouldn't vote to take her out of the game completely is to have Luma and Rosalina SHARE received damage. They both share giving it, so why is the upside okay, but not the down?

Again nothing personal, just a completely OP and broken character from day 1.
I really don't care about your ****, I absolutely enjoy playing as her whether others like it or not.

Last edited:

33percentgod

Smash Apprentice
User was warned for this post
I really don't care about your ****, I absolutely enjoy playing as her whether others like it or not.
You're kinda one of those ******** guys, right?

Ever played any of the old games? More specifically, Melee and Brawl?
Yeah, the Ice Climbers also basically made you go 2v1. Rosalina is nothing new concept-wise in that regard. Even though the Icies work completely differently.
No. I HATED Melee. It felt like it was just about speed and bugging out the actual engine rather than using the move sets for the characters.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ever played any of the old games? More specifically, Melee and Brawl?
Yeah, the Ice Climbers also basically made you go 2v1. Rosalina is nothing new concept-wise in that regard. Even though the Icies work completely differently.
Also, Rosalina is nowhere near broken, because she has some very obvious flaws that can be taken advantage of.

Petersheikah

Smash Rookie
NNID
LucaCucua
My main is Ike, and I play him quite frequently. However, even if he's my #1 pick, I love trying many other characters. I like Samus and Link, and I'm quite good with Charizard too, but I play as tons of other characters, even though not as seriously as with my mains.
I'd love to main Sheik too, but 4Glory is way to laggy to play with such a precise and fast character, and I have no one to play with offline. My Amiibo is a killing machine that exploits Sheik's little lag and its frame precision to throw out moves randomly without being punished.
Basically I have no place to prectice.

My usual picks on 4Glory are:
Rosa, Falcon, Lucina for the lols
Samus, Charizard and Link when I'm training
Ike when I feel salty after being rekt by someone.

Rosalina is the only character I DESPISE in this game. There are ones I dislike fighting, and others that are just hard match up for me, but I absolutely can't STAND Rosalina. The entire idea of her makes me boil. I honestly can not understand how this character made it past conception stage. So Luma can rack up damage on the opponent, while Rosalina stands 20 miles away, clear from ANY danger....and if you hit Luma nobody takes any damage? How...just how is that even a thing? You leave yourself open and get grabbed and Luma can hit you and break the grab? How did someone play test that and go "yeah, that's good leave that in." It's essentially a 2 v 1 handicap match from the start. You're fighting 2 people at once. Yeah man, seems reasonable.

Today I just had to SD to end the game because there was no way to get back on the stage. I don't mean "it was tough, but possible", I mean there was no possible way back onto the stage. The opponent just kept hanging Luma off and knocking me back. I main Bowser, so my recovery is pretty much the same thing, the fortress upward and he's huge. Just over and over kept getting knocked away from the ledge while Rosalina stood there in the middle of the stage, miles away from any potential danger, and I literally had to SD to get out of the loop because getting on the stage wasn't even possible. If my internet wasn't junk I'd start saving these insane replays and uploading them so people could see the BS.

Don't take it personal, I'm not attacking you or anything like that, but that character is complete BS and for good reason. There's a reason why she most widely hated out of all the roster. The only way I wouldn't vote to take her out of the game completely is to have Luma and Rosalina SHARE received damage. They both share giving it, so why is the upside okay, but not the down?

Again nothing personal, just a completely OP and broken character from day 1.
Rosa may be a powerful character, but she has many flaws that you can easily exploit. You should focus on Luma, it's Rosa's strongest tool and she struggles without it. It's your prioroty getting rid of it. First of all, Luma gets killed by anything, and I mean ANYTHING. I bet most jab combos could get rid of it. Once you got rid of Luma, Rosa shouldn't be a problem.
Also, her recovery is predictable and doesn't have any hitbox, so intercepting her while she's off-stage is quite easy.

Last edited:

33percentgod

Smash Apprentice
Rosa may be a powerful character, but she has many flaws that you can easily exploit. You should focus on Luma, it's Rosa's strongest tool and she struggles without it. It's your prioroty getting rid of it. First of all, Luma gets killed by anything, and I mean ANYTHING. I bet most jab combos could get rid of it. Once you got rid of Luma, Rosa shouldn't be a problem.
Also, her recovery is predictable and doesn't have any hitbox, so intercepting her while she's off-stage is quite easy.
As a Bowser main, I have no idea how to fight Rosalina. Rosalina and Sonic aren't a "hard match up" category, they are a "just return the game to the store, there's no possible way to win" category. Rosalina takes Bowser off the ground once and that's it, it's a wrap, it's juggle hell.

And no, It's not "oh you just hate her because you can't beat her!" No, because I can't beat Sonic either, and I have no problem with him. It's because Luma causes you damage, but you don't cause anyone damage when YOU hit Luma. I have never played Melee to deal with Ice Climbers, but from what I've always seen, either/or Ice Climber takes damage. Just don't understand how you can have a character where one is just free damage and a 1 v 2 right from the start.

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
As a Bowser main, I have no idea how to fight Rosalina. Rosalina and Sonic aren't a "hard match up" category, they are a "just return the game to the store, there's no possible way to win" category. Rosalina takes Bowser off the ground once and that's it, it's a wrap, it's juggle hell.
You should fix your quote, mate, I didn't say that.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
33percentgod 33percentgod In Melee, Nana had her own percentage too, like Luma. What is different between Ice Climbers and Rosalina and Luma is the ability to send Luma fight while Rosalina stay away.

I like Rosalina, I don't play her that much, and I actually have troubles fighting her myself, but I don't find her broken at all. Luma is not tough and can be sent flying in seconds, leaving Rosalina weak too, as she lose some great tools like Luma's F-Smash.

What I feel is that her goal is to keep you away, no matter what, with her luma or disjointed attacks. And with his big hitbox, I understand that it can be difficult for Bowser, but I think it's more a matter of matchup than Rosalina being broken.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Also, Rosa used to be much better, but she got nerfed countless times.
I might dislike Rosa, but give the girl credit, how many characters can get nerfed so much and still remain Top Tier?

Satonakas

Smash Cadet
NNID
itsiantime
3DS FC
1693-3665-7953
Honestly I use to just play with anybody since I never did any competitive melee but Peach was the most played at the time. When Brawl and Smash 4 put ZSS it has been a wild ride to improve, but her moves and playstyle is fun that it'll take a miracle for me switch to anyone else..

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
No. I HATED Melee. It felt like it was just about speed and bugging out the actual engine rather than using the move sets for the characters.
The speed is part of the appeal of Melee. It's what makes the game so specialy to everybody.
And let's not get started on the "glitches" Melee has. I think the only real glitch it has that people actually use is V-Cancelling, and in the older versions of the game, that Young Link glitch that shot him way up into the air.
EDIT: No, not V-Cancelling, it's whatever this is called:
Also, Rosalina is nowhere near broken, because she has some very obvious flaws that can be taken advantage of.
(Thanks, Smashboards, for not notifying me about this)
Although I do like the Ice Climbers far more than Rosalina, criticizing Rosa but acting like the Icies were just fine is kind of wrong.

Last edited:

Jdawg9876

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jdawg9876
3DS FC
4399-1836-0019
I've been dedicated to Mario and Fox ever since I first played Smash 64 with my uncle in 2003 (or 2004). As the roster of Smash characters has increased over the years, the two of them have always been, and always will be the core of my Smash glory.

Jaketto

Smash Rookie
Basically I tend to always choose Falco online if I am serious.

If playing with friends or bots I will tend to try out other characters just for fun.

Segastorm

Smash Apprentice
Kirby is the main i will never give up. I've been maining him since brawl, but i've taken to playing a lot of yoshi since he's much higher tier and their playstyles feel similar.

I also plan to jump on the bayonetta train when it arrives.

Cheeks

Smash Rookie
NNID
will update!
It might embarrass me to reveal how many matches I've logged with wario. Its a crazy number lol. This is why my new years resolution (for smash 4) is dropping him completely for an entire year to learn yoshi and perhaps a few others. Its funny because once I gave Yoshi a chance I think I fell in love with him!

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
That reminds me, my brother (one of the best players in my scene by a fair bit; he's been commended by PR players and everything) hates playing just one character. He can't do it. He's decided that, for the foreseeable future, he won't even play one character in tournaments: he's going to "main" the random button and see where that gets him.

He's a very talented player, but he has no interest in winning for its own sake; he plays for love of the game, not to be the best. He's very entertaining to watch for that reason.
I'm just like that.
Maybe not as good as your brother may be, but I hate playing the same character over and over again.
It just makes the game boring, that's why I try to play with every character even though I know I suck with some of them.
Last year I won a local Brawl tournament, I played a total of 6 matches and I used a different character in every fight.
Guess luck was on my side.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Not very...

I made it a point to play at least a single match with every character before choosing a main. (DLC's excluded because they were not out at the time... and this isn't a process I plan to repeat every patch.)

I liked Falcon for a while... but after a nerf, and once his weaknesses were getting exploited to regularly by my opponents... It clearly was time for me to find someone else if A. I wanted to win B. I wanted to get full enjoyment out of the game.

Rosaluma is fun... at the same time, if she got nerfed to the point of not being viable... I'd probably change.

With that said I tend to move around the roster during play sessions. Friends and I tend to implement move away from anyone you win with in order to give us all chances to practice different match ups, and to give less experienced players a chance to experience a win or 2.

I play games to have fun... if a main for whatever reason stops being fun... I am not going to keep torturing myself over it... I have to do that enough at work... not doing it elsewhere.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I'm quite loyal to the Pits. I don't remember the last time I seriously chose another character unless you count cheesing Master Core with Shulk. (Buster + power equipment + fresh counter one-shots most forms if you're curious lol.)

It's not entirely because I like the characters themselves, because there's plenty of other characters that compete strongly with my love for Pit. Toon Link, most Mario characters, Shulk Palutena, Megaman, MK... None of them really fit my playstyle, and a good portion of them are significantly worse then Pit to boot. Viability is a pretty big detail for me, since I'd much rather actually play the game then flounder about and hope somebody walks into an Fsmash like with Zelda. If Pit were to suddenly be even low mid tier I probably wouldn't be playing him. On the other hand, Pit's built to be strong in almost every area. He's pretty much designed to be good much like Mario is, and that's what I like most about him.

Improving as a player while maining him is a very rewarding experience because he's probably the most honest character. No matchup feels out of reach, and a win feels well-deserved. When I lose, I know I'm doing something wrong. I'm a pretty resilient person so it's hard to get truly frustrated and I know how to take a beating gracefully, so it's a good fit.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
My main is Ganondorf but I totally am the least dedicated person ever. I love playing as him and wreck as him...

But boy oh boy is it fun to pretty much jump around the whole character roster. So many interesting playstyles.

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
Super dedicated.

Been maining :4mewtwo: since melee, which is why i REALLY apreciate how much more viable he has become since.
...Hell, i'm just glad he returned at all. His absence in brawl and in the initial roster of Smash 4's release broke my heart.

+My reaction when i saw his (much needed) buff's a few weeks ago:

P.S.: I might be wrong, but i'm getting the impression people here think "dedicated to main = not playing any other character".
I think you can be dedicated to your main and still have a second mains or just play other character.

Last edited:

Dutch Kirby

Smash Cadet
NNID
WhiscashQueen
3DS FC
3754-9493-1303
I'm very, very, very loyal to my main Kirby. I've never used another character than Kirby online/ForGlory. I've only used others for missions/checklist/events/Subspace Emissary. For fun, I have a few very rare occasional moments (not more than 10 battles a year) when I play as Ivysaur (Brawl), Greninja (SSB4), Yoshi (Melee, Brawl, SSB4) or Meta Knight (Brawl, SSB4), but very rare. And NEVER against Kirby, battling Kirby while not playing as him is blasphemy to me. But I'll never get sick of Kirby. I know some matchups are extremely hard on For Glory, but I still try and sometimes win against difficult matchups. I win as Kirby annd I lose as Kirby. I'm a Kirby vetaran since Melee and am not even considering to give up on that. Call me crazy, and I'll just admit that I am, but I'm sticking with Kirby.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Also, Rosa used to be much better, but she got nerfed countless times.
I might dislike Rosa, but give the girl credit, how many characters can get nerfed so much and still remain Top Tier?
The ironic part is that she isn't even top tier material when compared to Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, and Pikachu, but that's going off-topic.

Anyway, Rosalina has often felt like a safer character to use, since you could use the Luma to attack, while you stay clear from your opponents. Most other characters often have to attack head-on.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Not at all. I only play Ness because he's the best for my old Brawl Dedede/Wolf playstyle. I don't really have that much fun playing Ness, I'm just better with him than the other characters. Though, Cloud definitely looks like someone I'd like, but I need to overcome my anger and bias so I can buy him first.

Last edited:

33percentgod

Smash Apprentice
The speed is part of the appeal of Melee. It's what makes the game so specialy to everybody.
And let's not get started on the "glitches" Melee has. I think the only real glitch it has that people actually use is V-Cancelling, and in the older versions of the game, that Young Link glitch that shot him way up into the air.
EDIT: No, not V-Cancelling, it's whatever this is called:

(Thanks, Smashboards, for not notifying me about this)
Although I do like the Ice Climbers far more than Rosalina, criticizing Rosa but acting like the Icies were just fine is kind of wrong.
When people say "glitch" they don't mean like cheating. When me (and a lot of others) say glitch, we mean using tactics that weren't designed to be part of the game. And I mean designed to be part of the game from the start, not "well they didn't patch it out!" Glitches meaning things that aren't "tips" on the loading screen. Things that aren't printed in the manual. Things not shown to everyone from day 1 as part of the game. Things that change the entire game (and not always for the better) Etc etc. Example: Rocket jumping in the old FPS games. Is it cheating or "illegal?" Well no, but it's also not openly touted by the developers as a thing either (at the time.) An entire team could have spent 9 months one on character and now that entire character is negated because some weird buggy side effect of their game engine that nobody looked into has now become a "strategy."

I just never liked Melee because it felt like I was playing a game ENGINE, rather than a game. Why even have chars or models or anything? Just put up some wire frame and a stage and be done with it. It's the same reason I never clicked with CS1.6. It becomes too twitchy and too meta for me to even recognize it's an actual GAME with movesets any more. There's nothing WRONG with that, but It's not for me. I want to lose because someone timed up a better move than me, not because "Well, with Cap Falcon, if you hit down at the right time, his hitbox and character model will wonk out with the physics and slide 5 frames across the screen and he will take no damage, giving you a perfect time to hit a smash move." That's what I felt Melee was so I just never played it seriously. Again, no problem with it, just not for me.

And I don't give Rosalina a hard time and give a pass for Ice Climbers, I said I never played Melee much and Brawl only a little, so I never had any interaction with them. I can't speak on them. This is the first Smash I got into seriously because I feel (to me personally) it's the most balanced and about the moves/chars and not solely frame data and engine manipulation. If there were 2 Ice Climbers, and one you could pummel and they never take any damage, but you take damage if they hit you? If that's how those chars are then yes, I put them in the same "Oh cool this is legit" category as Rosalina.

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
And I don't give Rosalina a hard time and give a pass for Ice Climbers, I said I never played Melee much and Brawl only a little, so I never had any interaction with them. I can't speak on them. This is the first Smash I got into seriously because I feel (to me personally) it's the most balanced and about the moves/chars and not solely frame data and engine manipulation. If there were 2 Ice Climbers, and one you could pummel and they never take any damage, but you take damage if they hit you? If that's how those chars are then yes, I put them in the same "Oh cool this is legit" category as Rosalina.
There's this.
It's worse than anything Rosalina could ever dream of doing.
An entire team could have spent 9 months one on character and now that entire character is negated because some weird buggy side effect of their game engine that nobody looked into has now become a "strategy."
Also: I don't think there are any characters in Melee that got shunned because of glitches. If anything, that happened in Smash 4, actually, with the WFT in the early days of the game.

And really, what "glitches"? If you mean L-Cancelling and Wavedashing, the most commonly cited, neither of those are glitches. L-Cancel is something you do to shorten endlag, and it was in the original Smash, and calling Wavedashing a glitch is wrong, and in my definition, even calling it physics exploitation is wrong, too, it's more like physics manipulation. You use an airdodge (which works completely different in Melee than it does in the future games) to transfer the momentum you had when you were in the air to the ground so you slide less than a metre (unless you're Luigi, which slides half the bloody stage, and he's still Mid-Tier), which gives you less than a second of a window to use standing attacks while your character is moving slightly. You need to be pretty good at the game to get any use out of it.
I just never liked Melee because it felt like I was playing a game ENGINE, rather than a game. Why even have chars or models or anything? Just put up some wire frame and a stage and be done with it. It's the same reason I never clicked with CS1.6. It becomes too twitchy and too meta for me to even recognize it's an actual GAME with movesets any more. There's nothing WRONG with that, but It's not for me. I want to lose because someone timed up a better move than me, not because "Well, with Cap Falcon, if you hit down at the right time, his hitbox and character model will wonk out with the physics and slide 5 frames across the screen and he will take no damage, giving you a perfect time to hit a smash move." That's what I felt Melee was so I just never played it seriously. Again, no problem with it, just not for me.
And lastly... it isn't entirely wrong to say that this is just in your head. In the technical aspect, Smash 4 isn't any different. It's just a bunch of wireframes united together by textures to look like a character from another game surrounded by a hitbox that are given animation frames to look alive.

What matters is not what the characters techincally are, deep down, but what you make of them, the adventures you have with them, the memories and the good times they gave you, feeling that you're enjoying alongisde them the bitterness of a defeat, or the glory of a victory. It's a videogame, it's more than magic, it's imagination, the most powerful tool us humans are gifted with. Maybe you're not familiar with Melee enough, and since most of your experience of it comes from the people analysing character data. Although it does matter, in the end, most people still use the characters because it's someone they both like and enjoy playing as and playing well.

I understand your point of view. But maybe you should try to give them a second chance,
and we should probably stop derailing this thread.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
If I am going to play to win, I will mostly just use Marth or Roy, maybe Cloud.

If not, then I will dabble in quite a bit of characters, lately it has been Zamus, since I have gotten quite rusty with her. But I do try playing as much of the cast as possible, but I do notice that I tend to avoid Mario and friends and Pokemon rather frequently.

And as for a character that I pick just for pure fun, then I just go for Ganon every time. I will never play as him seriously, but he is so much fun when I am messing around.

Last edited:

33percentgod

Smash Apprentice
I understand your point of view. But maybe you should try to give them a second chance,
and we should probably stop derailing this thread.
Agreed.

My main is Bowser and I'm loyal to a fault with him. As much frustration I get with playing him some times, I also feel it's important that not only I get better with him, but for others like me start maining chars that aren't just "top tier" to actually see where these other chars can go. I don't strictly play Bowser, but he is 85% of my time. I do like to mess around with other chars like Villager , Olimar, DK. I try to play and test out pretty much everyone. The only ones I really avoid are the "twitch"/meth head style characters like ZSS, Fox and Sheik.

I enjoy playing Bowser because I like the heavy weight characters and come on, he's the KING of the Koopas. He's the Darth Vader, the Freddy Kreuger, he's the Jack Torrence and Hannibal Lector. An iconic bad guy that EVERYONE recognizes. He will get comboed with 20% damage in one go, but then all it takes is one F-tilt to put his fist through your head and even out the damage.

The only thing that infuriates me is when I get grabbed once and don't regain control of my char until sometimes 50-60% damage later (yes, that's a real thing.) But, it comes with the territory I suppose.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The only thing that infuriates me is when I get grabbed once and don't regain control of my char until sometimes 50-60% damage later (yes, that's a real thing.) But, it comes with the territory I suppose.
At least he can even the odds with his own grab now. That's a great option to have for a big guy with his speed and grab range.

Turrin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Turrin
3DS FC
4425-1919-5126
I think I'm probably more dedicated to my secondaries than to my main. I'm a bit of a Star-Fox fan, but I wouldn't play Fox if he didn't feel right. On the other hand, I'd keep playing Roy if he were rock-bottom tier because I'm a FE geek and his game was awesome. Marth/Lucina are a pretty good example. They don't feel that good to me at all, but I play them out of fan loyalty.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
I'll be outright here: I'm not dedicated at all. I change characters or custom sets almost every match because I'm decent with most characters and I like to have variety when I play. My mains and secondaries just so happen to be the ones I'm better at.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
I explained before in this very thread that I use Mario because he's the only one I play well as, so I'm "loyal" to him whenever I wanna play to win. But I'm gonna admit: I kind of feel dedicated to my secondaries as well, since they're always the guys I pick when I don't pick Mario. I pretty much don't play anyone else unless the situation demands it (like a challenge, or I need to finish a mode with them like Classic):
I play :4mario: because he's the guy I always played as;
I play :4sheik: because, this year, when I was trying to get all the stages and characters in Melee, I found Sheik really fun. I later discovered she was Top Tier in both Melee and Sm4sh so it was a match-made in heaven;
I play :4lucina: because, months ago, I used to make waifu jokes about her, but then I started warming up to her slowly and now, jokes on me, she's my Smash waifu;
I play :4jigglypuff: because I have a laughing fit everytime I land a rest;
I play :4ganondorf: because I have a laughing fit everytime I land a reversed Warlock Punch;
Then, finally, I play :4zelda: because I find her beautiful and I suppose I technically like atleast one Zelda game?... A Link to the Past?... Just a tiny bit?

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Agreed.

My main is Bowser and I'm loyal to a fault with him. As much frustration I get with playing him some times, I also feel it's important that not only I get better with him, but for others like me start maining chars that aren't just "top tier" to actually see where these other chars can go. I don't strictly play Bowser, but he is 85% of my time. I do like to mess around with other chars like Villager , Olimar, DK. I try to play and test out pretty much everyone. The only ones I really avoid are the "twitch"/meth head style characters like ZSS, Fox and Sheik.

I enjoy playing Bowser because I like the heavy weight characters and come on, he's the KING of the Koopas. He's the Darth Vader, the Freddy Kreuger, he's the Jack Torrence and Hannibal Lector. An iconic bad guy that EVERYONE recognizes. He will get comboed with 20% damage in one go, but then all it takes is one F-tilt to put his fist through your head and even out the damage.

There is some validity to this... at the same time very few players are going to get anywhere near a character's potential. (I am certainly not one of them.) I can safely say if the best haven't found something in a character, I sure won't.

Still, those who want to dig into the low tiers to prove them wrong have my respect.

_SoRa_

Smash Cadet
I'm REALLY dedicated to Sheik
:4sheik:Sheik: I spent like 100% of the time playing her, I need to use more her kit

Last edited:

Dokokashira

Smash Journeyman
As the character who helped me learn my fundamentals, taught me so much about the mechanics of Smash, and continues to be the character I'm wholly comfortable with, Dr. Mario is always going to be my main in Smash 4. Even if he somehow becomes top tier (him being low tier was a huge reason why I played him in the first place), I'm still going to main him and am going to love doing so. I strive to bring this character to his fullest potential and dispel all of the misinformation about him. Luckily, the latter is already being done, but I hope to one day be evidence of why the misinformation is incorrect.

I've said before that Mii Gunner is the "closest thing to a perfect character for me". She's extremely rare, has great projectiles, and so many tricks up her sleeve. I'm dedicated to her just as much as I am to Dr. Mario, if not more. She teaches me so much about Smash and gives me so much satisfaction while doing so. A part of me sometimes wishes she was the character I mained! If all my Dr. Mario skill went into Mii Gunner, I'd be so happy.

I g-guess you could say Mii Gunner is my waifu and Dr. Mario is my husbando...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
At least he can even the odds with his own grab now. That's a great option to have for a big guy with his speed and grab range.
The funny thing is, even with those buffs to Bowser's throws, my grab usage with him is still very low; I'm still quite prone to using Flying Slam to grab fighters most of the time.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Honestly,:4rob:is the only character I'm remotely confident with. That doesn't mean I'm super dedicated to him, or any character, really. I'm starting to get more into:4mewtwo:and:4pacman:is starting to get up there as well. Sometimes, during super casual matches, I might pull out:4gaw::4duckhunt:or:4bowserjr:for kicks, but I'm really any good with any of them.
So, basically, to answer the question....... kind of, I guess?

Last edited:
Top Bottom