• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How could villager use perfect pivoting ?

MillionGoldMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MillGoldMan
3DS FC
4699-8722-4893
Title says it all really. How can we use it?

The only real way im using perfect pivot is on the ledge when needing to plant the tree
stop looking at my names of the gifs.gif

But other than that, i cant use it for much else
Heres villagers perfect pivot length if you need it
the name is not important.gif

EDIT: i messed up this post and the gifs arent working. hm

Attachments

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Title says it all really. How can we use it?

The only real way im using perfect pivot is on the ledge when needing to plant the tree
View attachment 72054

But other than that, i cant use it for much else
Heres villagers perfect pivot length if you need it

View attachment 72053

EDIT: i messed up this post and the gifs arent working. hm
are the attachments from a conversation?

Nintendoge_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bwooper
3DS FC
1306-6166-5014
I've never though of using perfect pivot to space the sapling at the ledge! That's really smart. I guess it could also be used to move closer to the ledge if you mis-space a bowling ball? idk

Otherwise, Villager's perfect pivot length is just so short that I don't know if it's very useful for us :/ The perfect pivot tech in general isn't particularly applicable to actual play (I mean, you never really see anyone doing it except in niche situations or with certain characters) but with Villager's tiny distance is just not very helpful.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Perfect pivot up tilt comes to mind

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Perfect pivot up tilt comes to mind
Speaking of that...

New combo? I actually pull off the combo around 1:05, but feel free to watch me flail around for the first stock.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Well, our PP fsmash becomes longer than Lucina's fsmash

Take that as you will.

Also, you can do pp back into jab, multiple times, for retreating jab 1?

Might be a fun mixup to try

summerhays

Smash Cadet
pivot grabs on villager gives it disjointed properties so that's super helpful along with piviot bowling balls

jmjb

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anhJer
I believe the way pp works (based on my testing on a custom map with villagers grab length), is that the Normal x point a move would target is kept as the target point, so when you pp your character moves back, but the target x point is kept the same, so it allows you to still hit the same area you would (not reaching any further), but you are able to do it from a further safer distance.
I had always heard pp grab is the best way to use villagers grab because it's much longer, so I tested this by making 1 block wide platforms at various lengths, and the target grab spot remains the same, your distance from your opponent is the thing that changes.
just wanted to clear that up since I know I was confused about it myself.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I believe the way pp works (based on my testing on a custom map with villagers grab length), is that the Normal x point a move would target is kept as the target point, so when you pp your character moves back, but the target x point is kept the same, so it allows you to still hit the same area you would (not reaching any further), but you are able to do it from a further safer distance.
I had always heard pp grab is the best way to use villagers grab because it's much longer, so I tested this by making 1 block wide platforms at various lengths, and the target grab spot remains the same, your distance from your opponent is the thing that changes.
just wanted to clear that up since I know I was confused about it myself.
Villager's pivot grab is disjointed from his net.

However, the hitbox of the attack you perform after the perfect pivot will start as usual from your character.

What you likely experienced was a regular pivot grab.

Top Bottom