• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How come there aren't many PM tourneys?

Isprayaxe

Smash Apprentice
Imo it seems the characters are more balanced, and the stage variety certainly it better.

I'm not saying we should replace melee or brawl in tournaments with this, but i think it should be included. Also it's pretty accessible and much like melee for people that have not played it before.

What do you guys think

-Ran

Smash Master
It's a growing beast. At the moment, they have been popping up at a good chunk of tournaments. The thing is, people are still on the fence waiting for the first full release. People are worried that they'll spend time learning a technique/character, only to have it radically change. There's also a few nuisances that are being ironed out on the engine side before most players won't have an objection to playing.

Scythe

Smash Master
you just gotta look it the right place, chicago is full of them

Revven

FrankerZ
I counted at least close to 10 different tournaments in Tournament Listings subforum that either have P:M as a side event or main event. That's a lot of tourneys, to me. It's really surprising and all of them are upcoming.

It's more successful than I was expecting, tbh. But a better thing would be is if the tournaments holding P:M as an event (side or main) got a good amount of entrants for it. Won't know until they actually happen, but nonetheless, things are actually looking good.

traffic.

Smash Journeyman
Hold a PM tourney. Then there will be more. Invite your friends. Then they will be bigger tournaments.

MVP

Smash Ace
Utah BLOOOOOOOOWS when it comes to tournys :glare: I really wish the utah scene would get bigger. My friends don't even wanna play smash anymore cause i **** em everytime.

(or i wish i just lived in a big city)

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
It's a growing beast. At the moment, they have been popping up at a good chunk of tournaments. The thing is, people are still on the fence waiting for the first full release. People are worried that they'll spend time learning a technique/character, only to have it radically change. There's also a few nuisances that are being ironed out on the engine side before most players won't have an objection to playing.
Word. Its been slow now since it hasn't been out long. we probably will get a good idea of a tier list by summer or somethin

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Central Virginia is hosting monthly P:M tournies in conjunction with Brawl and Melee. We get players from both games entering P:M.

Top Bottom