• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how come sheik's divekick....

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashbfan

Banned via Warnings
NNID
3DS FC
6666-6666-6666
got nerfed to kill at an actual reasonable percent for the broken properties.... but ZSS divekick still has the broken properties AND kills at 90%???

dodged a bullet eh?

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt
got nerfed to kill at an actual reasonable percent for the broken properties.... but ZSS divekick still has the broken properties AND kills at 90%???

dodged a bullet eh?
Why do you have a picture of Duck Hunt if you're a "crashbfan"? Did your father hug you enough as a child? On a scale from 10 to 11 how much do you enjoy mayonnaise? Who will be the next character you complain about?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

dodged a bullet eh?
Most likely because ZSS have less KO options than Sheik (Sheik has SideB, UpB, DownB, Usmash, Fsmash, Bair, Fair and had Dair, while ZSS has UpB, DownB, Dair, Bair, and Fsmash).

Last edited:

crashbfan

Banned via Warnings
NNID
3DS FC
6666-6666-6666
Warning Received
Why do you have a picture of Duck Hunt if you're a "crashbfan"? Did your father hug you enough as a child? On a scale from 10 to 11 how much do you enjoy mayonnaise? Who will be the next character you complain about?
the next character to complain about is your moooom.

David Viran

Smash Lord
Most likely because ZSS have less KO options than Sheik (Sheik has SideB, UpB, DownB, Usmash, Fsmash, Bair, Fair and had Dair, while ZSS has UpB, DownB, Dair, Bair, Fsmash and Usmash).
I wouldn't call a lot of those legit ko options. A lot of them are kinda like if you really can't secure a kill then you can just hope to kill them with those moves. If you put zss's usmash as a ko option then so us utilt and fair and uair as they kill at the same percent and are not hard to hit with. I do not agree with dair as a kill option at all.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I wouldn't call a lot of those legit ko options. A lot of them are kinda like if you really secure a kill then you can just hope to kill them with those moves. If you put zss's usmash as a ko option then so us utilt and fair and uair as they kill at the same percent and are not hard to hit with. I do not agree with dair as a kill option at all.
I never said they were safe, I just mentionned the one that could KO (also removed the Usmash in ZSS's kill options)

Dair can meteor, which can lead to a kill

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
I never said they were safe, I just mentionned the one that could KO (also removed the Usmash in ZSS's kill options)

Dair can meteor, which can lead to a kill
Uh I never said anything about being safe and usmash can kill earlier than sheiks fair unless she is literally at the blast zone. And uair is actually frequently used by zss to kill off the top with rage decently early sometimes. I don't know about sheiks side b I don't think I've ever seen it kill though in a tournament match at least. I was talking about sheik and zss when I said legit ko options.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Uh I never said anything about being safe and usmash can kill earlier than sheiks fair unless she is literally at the blast zone. And uair is actually frequently used by zss to kill off the top with rage decently early sometimes. I don't know about sheiks side b I don't think I've ever seen it kill though in a tournament match at least. I was talking about sheik and zss when I said legit ko options.
Sheik's grenade deals great knockback, giving it KO potential. It's not used because DownB is faster and has less lag.

You were talking about Sheik? Well, ZSS's Usmash is still not that much of a great KO move (unless the tip hits)

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
Sheik's grenade deals great knockback, giving it KO potential. It's not used because DownB is faster and has less lag.

You were talking about Sheik? Well, ZSS's Usmash is still not that much of a great KO move (unless the tip hits)
Yeah but what about utilt and fair which can kill better than her usmash and I know I said they were the same before but they aren't but close. It's not the tip on zss's usmash that is powerful but just the last hit of all the others and it anti airs and frame traps. Also why was thus thread made?what is it accomplishing?

crashbfan

Banned via Warnings
NNID
3DS FC
6666-6666-6666
ZSS kill potential is broken as hell already, dudes. she has a ****ing true combo from grab with her UPB that kills mad early, prob the earliest grab kill in the game.

this character is so broken and ******** I dont know where to begin. makes me want to quit the game all together.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
ZSS kill potential is broken as hell already, dudes. she has a ****ing true combo from grab with her UPB that kills mad early, prob the earliest grab kill in the game.
You can DI.... :facepalm:
this character is so broken and ******** I dont know where to begin. makes me want to quit the game all together.
Wrong forum, you're looking for the Diddy threads :troll:

Last edited:

crashbfan

Banned via Warnings
NNID
3DS FC
6666-6666-6666
You can DI.... :facepalm:

Wrong forum, you're looking for the Diddy threads :troll:
diddy broken? lol, maybe... but his moveset doesnt shut u completely down and impossible to dodge or punish moves... diddy just kills early for no reason and is boring.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

First off, as @ The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn pointed out, you can DI out of it. Second, ZSS's grab is laggy enough that you can punish her. Third, please keep this civil; if you want to vent, do it somewhere else. This is a discussion you started on what seems to be the difference between Sheik's Bouncing Fish and ZSS's Flip Jump.

Anyway, the earliest grab kill goes to Ness's B-throw. Also, Sheik's recovery is probably the reason for her Bouncing Fish nerf along with her safety as a fighter. Bouncing Fish automatically activates on contact while Flip Jump requires input which you could miss and if you do, then a punish is in order.

What else can I say....

just get good
Do not egg him on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom