• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How come I suddenly lost my skill?

firedude953

Smash Apprentice
NNID
firedude953
I took a break from Smash for around a week and when I played it again I did a lot worse. How can I fix this?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Performance regression is natural if you drop the game for an extended period of time. If you didn't naturally have the ability to retain your skill in games after dropping them, it just means you should limit how long you don't practice / play.

And if it's your performance in for glory you're referring to, then it doesn't matter because it's wifi.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Haven't playing the game for a while make your skill rusty. Like me who havensplays Smash for a long time. Will have trouble even against CPUs.
You need some warm up to get your skills back.

BlueDaruma888

Smash Cadet
This typically happens with me since I generally only have time to play games on the weekends due to work, and even then, sometimes I'd want to play other games as well. When this happens, I usually have to grind through training for an hour or so just to remaster a couple of things before I feel ready enough to jump into a match.

Top Bottom