• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can I SDI out of Samus' uB?

AvengerAngel

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, the title pretty much says it all.
I've been trying to practice SDI with the 20XX pack (sadly there is no uB-OOS-asap tool but whatever) but if I get caught by the first 2-3 hits it just looks like I can't get out of it. I've tried SDI up, down and right/left, but it doesn't change that much. Also not even C-stick (the yellow one) ASDI can make things better. Does anyone know how to DI out of it? I'd like to be able to get out of it as soon as possible, to turn the situation in MY favor (punishing her lag), instead of getting back to neutral or even giving them a tech chase opportunity. Of course I know that crouching the first hits makes everything easier, but I'd like to learn how to get out of the uB anyway, even if I get caught by surprise.

Also while we're at it: does anyone have the frame data for the lowest SHL? The ones that can hit a crouching Kirby/Puff. I forgot how to shoot them sigh D:
@Kadano help plz? <3

I know the simplest answers are "just practice", but I'm bad at muscle memory things, so the frame data might actually be helpful for me lol

Here's an example of what I mean. Look at Westballz' awesome DI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DC_PQVe04zc#t=477 - how do you do that? D:

Last edited:

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
No idea about the Samus SDI, although the lowest lasers are pretty easy, just shl and ff as fast as possible.

Top Bottom