• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how can i play the characters i changed?

cikane_chan

Smash Rookie
hello everyone, i have this problem since yesterday.
yesterday i changed some things on quajutsu, and i also save the new quajutsu file as ''stark'',
but i cant play him, or i dont know how to pick him.
on characterselect i just can switch his colour, but i cant play my ''new'' quajutsu.

can anyone help me? thank you!

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
If you're talking about custom movesets, you need to press the little wrench icon on the top right of the bottom screen to access them. Note that you can not do this online.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
There are also certain offline game modes that don't allow customization as well. They include All-Star Mode, and all the Stadium game modes.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
I kinda wish they had two buttons, one for moves one for equipment. The moves arent a problem, in fact most of them i find to be a nerf to the character lol (wario's speedbike for instance...geeeez thats hard to control right).

Personally i wouldnt even bother with them. The only way you can even play them is solo mode or friend battles where its enabled. Cant even use Miis outside friendbattles, which should be allowed.
Dont get why they add these customization and prevent them from being used in majority of games.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I kinda wish they had two buttons, one for moves one for equipment. The moves arent a problem, in fact most of them i find to be a nerf to the character lol (wario's speedbike for instance...geeeez thats hard to control right).

Personally i wouldnt even bother with them. The only way you can even play them is solo mode or friend battles where its enabled. Cant even use Miis outside friendbattles, which should be allowed.
Dont get why they add these customization and prevent them from being used in majority of games.
Certain equipment offer extra effects that can be considered way too powerful to be using in random online matches. That's why they're restricted to only being allowed in local and friend matches.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
Right, equipment. Moves are a different story entirely. Thats why i wish they split them and allowed custom moves but not equipment.

The tournaments so far that allow custom moves have massive warnings about being discovered to have equipment.
If i ever faced a Sonic-Quick Bowser i would be rather pissed. No issues with different moves though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah, custom moves are another story, since there are some custom specials that are better than their defaults. For one example, Charizard's Dragon Rush custom does not have the damage penalty that Flare Blitz has. Likewise, the Shooting Star Bit travels farther than the standard Star Bits, and is more effective for delivering pressure, and building up damage.

Top Bottom