• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can I play project64k on windows 7 (PLEASE HELP ME)

zabrak

Smash Rookie
Basically, I'm planning on having a great Smash Bros N64 computer lam this weekend, however I'm unable to get project64k working on windows 7. it seems to be working absolutely fine on my one windows XP, though.

Does anybody have a working link?

If so, that would be fantastic.

Help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you.

TalosSSB

Smash Cadet
Problem is probably your GFX plugin, Jabo 7, which is built for 1.4 build which is what PJ64k is compiled off of was set as default plugin by hotquik and it forces it to be picked.

With minor adjustments to that, and a lot of other things the emulator has been put in the best possible form it can be in, but it still lacks quality online gameplay because of DS.

I suggest www.Pj64k.Blogspot.com or www.project64k7e.blogspot.com

Pj64k blogspot is always updated each month with the newest plugins and any new updates on any files.

PJ64k7e doesnt work for me, it isn't showing jabo 8 GFX plugin in there and jabo6 doesnt run textures correctly, so I don't know if it will work for you.

The Smash64 index is compiled of old ****, it has some useful links, but like the rest of these forums, it's all opinion based.

Sangoku

Smash Master
What the **** with all these people asking for emulators?

Just read the smash index thread >___>

And what the **** with this talos guy spreading **** all over the boards?

I should calm down before I flame even more >___>

zabrak

Smash Rookie
Problem is probably your GFX plugin, Jabo 7, which is built for 1.4 build which is what PJ64k is compiled off of was set as default plugin by hotquik and it forces it to be picked.

With minor adjustments to that, and a lot of other things the emulator has been put in the best possible form it can be in, but it still lacks quality online gameplay because of DS.

I suggest www.Pj64k.Blogspot.com or www.project64k7e.blogspot.com

Pj64k blogspot is always updated each month with the newest plugins and any new updates on any files.

PJ64k7e doesnt work for me, it isn't showing jabo 8 GFX plugin in there and jabo6 doesnt run textures correctly, so I don't know if it will work for you.

The Smash64 index is compiled of old ****, it has some useful links, but like the rest of these forums, it's all opinion based.
Alright so, I can't run project64k on Windows 7 because of the plugin (Jabo 7)?

If that's the case, what plugin should I enable, so i can play it on windows 7?

Also, what's the difference between project64k and project64k7E? They don't exactly have an "about project64k73" section on that site.

TalosSSB

Smash Cadet

Also, what's the difference between project64k and project64k7E? They don't exactly have an "about project64k73" section on that site.
well I suggest trying Glide64 if you have a fast computer, it also supports texture dumping and loading. It uses a lot of resources so it might lag if your computer is slow.

In that case, or another case try JaboDirect3D8, or if you have a REALLY Bad computer try Jabo6, but only if your on windows below XP.

M!nt

Smash Champion

Just use the one in the index, i mean have you even tried the one there?
I think Talos is Smasherx74.
Really?!??! What brought you to that amazing discovery? ;)

zabrak

Smash Rookie
well I suggest trying Glide64 if you have a fast computer, it also supports texture dumping and loading. It uses a lot of resources so it might lag if your computer is slow.

In that case, or another case try JaboDirect3D8, or if you have a REALLY Bad computer try Jabo6, but only if your on windows below XP.
it works when I downloaded the Glideplugin

HOWEVER, it'll lag incredibly bad when I host a game on a computer in the room, and join that game with another computer in the room.

Though, it'll be smooth when I connect to a game from some guy elsewhere in a different state/country

So the connection lags when two computers on the same router play a game.

Know what the problem is?

I wonder if direct LAN would work better

do you know how I could get that working?

Thanks!

zabrak

Smash Rookie
Hmm I seemed to fix the connection lag issue. Windows XP to windows 7 games lags, however when I use two windows xps on the same router it seems to work fine

however, a LAN game would still be nice.

Anybody know to get those going? any step by step tutorials?

I tried earlier and couldn't do it.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
just use the version linked at the top of the damned index, that seems to work without a hitch for everyone (except those people using terrible antiviruses and get random trojan alerts)

zabrak

Smash Rookie
just use the version linked at the top of the damned index, that seems to work without a hitch for everyone (except those people using terrible antiviruses and get random trojan alerts)
Yeah, I did. And it does indeed work when it's windows xp on windows xp (on the same router anyway).

The new question is how to properly get a working system link going (P2P)

Anybody know?

Top Bottom