• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can I not get nervous at tournaments?

Pάρί

Smash Apprentice
For the past few months I've constantly been getting nervous and not being able to play to my full potential, have you guys had to nervousness. If so how did you get over your fear?

Cool

Smash Journeyman
There's no surefire way to get rid of your nervousness. You're only nervous because you care about Smash and want to do well. Even the best players get nervous.

Trust me, over time it will feel more natural to you and eventually you'll come to enjoy it. Never be scared to have fun man. :)

D

Deleted member

Don't take it as seriously, have fun, laugh and smile as you play. If you do something something stupid that gets you killed, laugh. Become friends with people. Gets better. Learn. And enjoy :p

Sudoi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blargbla
Be friendly. Whenever I get a stock lead, even if it means taking the chance of losing, I equal my stock to theirs. This makes me less nervous because I feel like I'm playing friendlies. But don't do that, that can cost you a match.

Larfen

Smash Rookie
Like everyone said, try and have fun. Pretend its a friendly or something. I've found that listening to music helps me out a bunch, specifically if its something poppy or happy.

Top Bottom