• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can I modify CSPs? (Character Selecion Portraits)

alvicala

Smash Cadet
Well, Ive been trying out the texture hacks this morning and they worked great. Loading times where normal, no freezes, and I could play Brawl+ at the same time with the snapshot trick =D

But I have been looking for a long time now on how to modify the Character Selection Portraits. I have no idea of hacking, so I would like to ask if there is a "noob" way to put them. I found some pages with tons of CSPs but I dont know how to actually put them so I can see them on Brawl.

Lets say, for example, I have this CSP of Mr. L Luigi (I have the texture already). What should I do with it so it actually appears in Luigi´s costume selection?

It has something to do with CUPASH, am I right? Thats as much as I could find.

BTW, I am not using a modified ISO, I am using a SD card with the codes to load textures and the textures themselves.

If there is already a guide for this, could someone link me to it? Thanks.

bobson

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsloet8AuK0

This is the video guide, but I haven't had time to really understand this... =/

I'm not sure where to get the common5.pac.
common5_en.pac is in the /system/ folder on your Brawl disc. Open it with something like Wiiscrubber and extract it.

Edit: That's for NTSC. If you're using a PAL disc, it's in /menu2/ and named sc_selcharacter_XX.pac where XX is the language you're using.

Top Bottom