• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can I improve

Isaac4

Smash Apprentice
NNID
someletters
3DS FC
4270-5125-0529
Switch FC
SW-0987-8922-3098
I'm trying to get better at Melee. I play Melee any day I can and practice wavedashing, dashdancing, wavelanding, and other stuff like chaingrabs. I don't feel like I'm improving though. Sometimes I fight against level 7 cpus but I dont know if that really helps. I just wanna know if you guys have any advice on getting better.

Tranquilon

Smash Rookie
Try to play Melee on Netplay if you can . If not, try to find someone to practice on local

very bad username

Smash Rookie
cpus arent that great to practice against because for several reasons they play differently from real players, so practicing too much vs them can potentially give you bad habits (this happened with me in smash 4)

for resources, definitely check out the melee library at http://www.meleelibrary.com/, it's basically a compilation of resources from high level players and has been tremendously helpful for me.

good luck with improvement

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
I'm trying to get better at Melee. I play Melee any day I can and practice wavedashing, dashdancing, wavelanding, and other stuff like chaingrabs. I don't feel like I'm improving though. Sometimes I fight against level 7 cpus but I dont know if that really helps. I just wanna know if you guys have any advice on getting better.
Its definitely good to practice those things. You will develop the muscle memory needed to use those techniques practicing on the daily.

What character do you main? Seems like you main Marth from the looks of it. Go to the Marth melee character page and read up on all the ins and outs about the character. It will help teach you what moves to use and when.

My final piece of advice is to play against other competitive melee players. Get Netplay, go to tournaments, and hell, even playing Ultimate online helps. In my case, I was unable to get Netplay so over the past 3 months ive started going to tournaments and over the last month have been playing Ultimate online. Honestly I believe playing against other people online has been a tremendous help for me, even if the game mechanics are different.

Top Bottom