• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can I improve with Lucas?

Slaymaster

Smash Rookie
I've been playing lucas for the last couple of months but I haven't been getting better recently and have no idea how to improve
The 3.5 changes have made it even harder in that regard
If you could please watch one of my matches and let me know what I'm doing wrong/what I could do better I'd be very grateful
I have a few 3.5 matches on youtube but I can't post links yet so I'll just post the video names
Smith (Toon Link) vs Murdoc (Lucas) 1
Murdoc (Lucas) vs Toms (Wolf) 2

Just copy and paste the title into youtube and it should come up sorry for the inconvenience

Last edited:

ilysm

sleepy
'PKF' stands for PK Freeze, the name of the move in Lucas's game. He's had it since the early beta builds, 3.5 just nerfed its hitstun. It's all the same thing. :)

Pk.Marshmallow

Smash Rookie
I've been playing lucas for the last couple of months but I haven't been getting better recently and have no idea how to improve
The 3.5 changes have made it even harder in that regard
If you could please watch one of my matches and let me know what I'm doing wrong/what I could do better I'd be very grateful
I have a few 3.5 matches on youtube but I can't post links yet so I'll just post the video names
Smith (Toon Link) vs Murdoc (Lucas) 1
Murdoc (Lucas) vs Toms (Wolf) 2

Just copy and paste the title into youtube and it should come up sorry for the inconvenience
Easy, Be Pink Fresh.

TakaiSendo

Smash Rookie
More PKF for sure. I also don't think I ever saw a DAIR into U. Smash. A couple of times it could've been charged some and would have lead to a kill. 0:56 in the Toon Link video. Your movement is pretty good combine that with more PKF will lead you to better zoning and any landed PKF is a combo potential or quick damage if they're still at low percents/CCing.

Side Note: I thought Pink Fresh changed to pit in 3.5 =O

Last edited:
Top Bottom