• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can I improve my Lucina

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
From glancing over the video, the main things I'd suggest are:

- Try to walk more than dash. Lucina's dash attack isn't nearly as useful as her tilts, and you can do pretty much anything out of a walk.
- Don't roll so much. Strong players will punish you for rolling excessively.
- There were a few times where you charged f-smashes and Shield Breaker while the opponent was nowhere near. Try not to do this, since your opponent is just going to avoid it and punish you when you're in endlag, or possibly counter if they have the option.
- When recovering, try not to overshoot the ledge. If you get close enough you can sweet-spot it and grab it instantly. If you go even a little above, the opponent can attack you.
- You have a counter, so make use of it. Try to read your opponent's attacks, and throw out a counter when they're not expecting it. (but don't abuse it, or they will be expecting it) Mix it up with grabs and dodges to keep them on their toes.

that's all I have for now. I'm sure others will have even more to add.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I've taken the liberty of adding your video here. Feel free to post whatever gameplay you have in the thread linked there for criticism and tips.

Now, as for this video. @ Moydow Moydow pretty much scored on all of my complaints. Try and follow those.

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
- You have a counter, so make use of it. Try to read your opponent's attacks, and throw out a counter when they're not expecting it. (but don't abuse it, or they will be expecting it) Mix it up with grabs and dodges to keep them on their toes.
Yep, abused counters are easily punished. Most players use counters when landing as well, it is a bad habit I believe. Anyways, try to limit it to when you are 100% sure they will use a move to hit you.

KingTeo

Smash Apprentice
You should use your neutral air a lot more as as jab. Grab less. and if you're running, you might want to try side B instead of the dash attack.

Your biggest problem is that you seem to be going for a ton of hard reads but you don't have the experience to actually predict correctly yet. That's something that'll change with time if you keep practicing, but for now you might want to cut that out and just go hyper offensive.

Top Bottom