• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can I improve my Greninja?

David Galanos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apost1e
So I've been using Greninja since day 1, and not to sound cocky, but I rarely lose to another Greninja. In a tourney I lost to one and he used shuriken a lot, almost to the point of spam. Im more of an aggressive Greninja so I don't like camping. Anyway this guy would shoot shurikens and then wait to try and get a combo, then repeat. I felt pressured which was good on his part but I play Greninja differently. I'll shoot shurikens out too, but not all that much. I'll use a quick one to try and get a grab or a fully charged one to get A F-air or use a full one off the edge but other than that I don't really use it to just shoot over and over. Then I try to get combos with him a lot. I use dash attack -> F-air, and sometimes a d-tilt before that, and if I can I'll try and upsmash after the F-air, and then if I can get an u-air I will. Then I'll do up throw -> up air, or f-throw -> f-air, and down throw -> dash attack -> F-air and some D-air combos. Anything else that is reliable enough to try? and I go for edge guards a lot. Anything else I implement? I use SS sometimes and stuff but just things that you find effective? Should I camp with shurikens more?

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
Video would be better because all we have to go off of is the combos you listed when the issue could be you fundamentals or something else. Maybe you dash attack too much and get shield grabbed a lot because of it.

One move you didn't mention which is very good tool is short hop fast fall NAir. From this move you can go right into jabs, tilts, etc. It has some decent follow ups.

Top Bottom