• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can I get used to tilting with the stick to put out moves?

SirhcEz

Smash Rookie
I never did it before, and when I found out it was important in smash 4 I assigned it to my right stick.

But now that I like playing melee, I can't get used to it especially when fighting.

Hit the stick halfway and slowly. Practice by doing utilts and uairs without (aerial) jumping

Last edited:

o0silentshadow0o

Smash Cadet
What I personally do to learn new techniques is I make it as hard as possible, so when I do it in combat it feels easier (kind of like how baseball players practice with a weighted bat before pitching so it's easier with the regular).

I remember when I didn't know how to use tilts consistently I would wave-dash and do a reverse Forward/Up tilt. This made regular tilts in combat much easier, and learned this pretty fast.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Practice, practice, practice. There are lots of tricks and heuristics you can try (I particularly like the one just above my post), but the bottom line is you just gotta drill some stuff. The more you do it, the better you'll get. Just like short-hopping or any of those beginner things that seemed hard at first, eventually you'll have it down to muscle memory.

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
Practice is the key, if you practice, you'll get good. P.S. Singed is super annoying

Top Bottom