• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How brawl made me $20

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Here's what that says about Brawl. You, someone who could be said to be good at the game, are able to beat kids who are bad at the game, on an unfair stage, with spamming. That says nothing about Brawl, but it says a lot about New Pork City, Zelda, and inexperienced players.

UnF-air

Smash Cadet
Ha, are you talking about competitive FFA? Letting 2 people duke it out while you just stand away and watch has been a winning strategy in stock ffa since smash 64. Brawl is no exception.
yeah camping worked out alright in 64/melee FFA, the only problem was you couldn't drop 15% bombs from across the map. I guess they fixed that in brawl with snake, zelda, lucas, R.O.B., etc.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
HURKEYDURKEYDUR, THAT SHURE IS FUNNY LAAAAAAWL.

I got a little story too, that totally owns your story. It's called "how I beat 3 of my good friends with Ganondorf using only two moves."

We wanted to get a one stock match in before we all had to part ways.

I chose Ganondorf, they chose: Ike, Luigi, and DDD.

I do my laugh taunt and because they are disheartened by this they all bumrush me. Luigi tosses me away and they all jump after me.

I planted a Dair, taking them all down with me, and shortly after I whistled for a cab and when it came near, the license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror, if anything I could say that this cab was rare but I thought naw forget it yo holmes to Bel-Air!

I, pulled, up to the house about 7 or 8 and yelled to the cab yo holmes smell ya later, looked at my kingdom I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the fresh prince of bel-air.

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
I think horribly pwning your younger brother's siblings in a video game is one of the signs of a serial killer. or pederast. Ya know, like guys who kill small animals are likely to grow up and kill a couple humans. Same applies with guys who like to chill out with their brother's friends who are 4 or 5 years younger, playing video games and pwning them. Your house is essentially a Catholic church, and your the priest who gets "falsely" accused of touching their private places.

You should have at least gotten the 20 bucks and got a dub or something.
Ahem. There are Catholics in here, and I find that offensive. I know you were joking, but it's still not funny.

That said, the OP probably will become a serial killer and/or pedophile.

ShaolinAce

Smash Ace
Nice way to make money. Though to be honest you said they were younger than you. And obviously if that worked they must have sucked.Like theres No way to air dodge or spot dodge your DF. Sucks to be them.

petrie911

Smash Journeyman
Have you seen me on a unicycle juggling watermelons while wearing my hair in jerry curls while gargling the theme to Good Egg Galaxy?
Yes. You were too drunk to remember.

Anyways, I'd say this thread is an all new low for GBD, but I'm not sure how low this board has gone.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
So today my little brother got home from sleep away camp. So, of course he invited all his friends over to the house to play some brawl. This is not a new experience for our house; in fact it seems like most of the time people are over playing some form of smash with me. Anyways, my bro’s crew comes over and as usual I find it my duty to grace them with my presence. In the past I’ve usually tried to play nice, give pointer, or show them neat stuff (stuff like the black hole in melee or explaining how C-stick isn’t always the best move, etc.) Well today I had something else in mind...

Me: Good afternoon boys
Kids: hey, sup, yo [generic acknowledgments without removing their eyes from the screen]
Me: how’s the brawl?
Kids: good
Me: think I could play a few rounds with you guys?
Kids: [hesitantly] I guess
Me: well how about this, I’ll only use the B button?
Kids: [eyebrows raise, smirks take effect] yeah sure
Me: but if I win ya’ll owe me $5 a pop
Kids: and if we win?
Me: I’ll personally take you guys, in my car, to the movie of your choice
Kids: [look around at each other as though prayers have been answered] yeah sure!
Me: But I get to choose map and all items are off
Kids: Fine

So I take a seat on the couch with my trusty wavebird in hand ready to camp like no one has ever camped before. I pick zelda, new pork city, 3 minute round.

The basis of my strategy was to get far away and constantly bombard them with Din’s fire. This coupled with reflecting their range moves/getting them off me with nayru’s love, and then running away with Farore’s wind was basically unstoppable. I won by a solid amount of kills only to get assaulted with words unfit for a pre-teen’s mouth. They called me cheap, spammer, and camper (all accompanied by a myriad of swear words) and to be honest they were 100% right. One kid even told me that I qualified for “noob of the year” and had I been using those kinds of tactics in 64 or melee I would have gladly accepted that award. However, in this case I was standing at the podium for my dominant victory.

So I have one question for the brawl community, if camping and spamming can dominate a 3v1 what does that tell you about Brawl?

(Just fyi I played lots of melee with those kids before brawl was released and never beat them 3v1 so don’t discredit them. Also, I didn't actually make them pay up I just made them pop in melee :p)

shows me that your friends are bad and ******** for letting you go there.

But then again this is brawl, so it makes sense.

Congrats on taking 5 dollars from a group of kids younger than you, though.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
The walrus (Odobenus rosmarus) is a large flippered marine mammal with a discontinuous circumpolar distribution in the Arctic Ocean and sub-Arctic seas of the Northern Hemisphere. The walrus is the only living species in the Odobenidae family and Odobenus genus. It is subdivided into three subspecies: the Atlantic Walrus (O. rosmarus rosmarus) found in the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific Walrus (O. rosmarus divergens) found in the Pacific Ocean, and O. rosmarus laptevi, found in the Laptev Sea.

The walrus is immediately recognizable due to its prominent tusks, whiskers and great bulk. Adult Pacific males can weigh up to 4,500 lb (2,041 kg), and, among pinnipeds, are exceeded in size only by the two species of elephant seals. It resides primarily in shallow oceanic shelf habitat, spending a significant proportion of its life on sea ice in pursuit of its preferred diet of benthic bivalve mollusks. It is a relatively long-lived, social animal and is considered a keystone species in Arctic marine ecosystems.

The walrus has played a prominent role in the cultures of many indigenous Arctic peoples, who have hunted the walrus for its meat, fat, skin, tusks and bone. In the 19th and early 20th centuries, the walrus was the object of heavy commercial exploitation for blubber and ivory and its numbers declined rapidly. Its global population has since rebounded, though the Atlantic and Laptev populations remain fragmented and at historically depressed levels.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
this is off topic but do u now how i can make my avatar bigger?
There is a thread for this.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=169608

The walrus (Odobenus rosmarus) is a large flippered marine mammal with a discontinuous circumpolar distribution in the Arctic Ocean and sub-Arctic seas of the Northern Hemisphere. The walrus is the only living species in the Odobenidae family and Odobenus genus. It is subdivided into three subspecies: the Atlantic Walrus (O. rosmarus rosmarus) found in the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific Walrus (O. rosmarus divergens) found in the Pacific Ocean, and O. rosmarus laptevi, found in the Laptev Sea.

The walrus is immediately recognizable due to its prominent tusks, whiskers and great bulk. Adult Pacific males can weigh up to 4,500 lb (2,041 kg), and, among pinnipeds, are exceeded in size only by the two species of elephant seals. It resides primarily in shallow oceanic shelf habitat, spending a significant proportion of its life on sea ice in pursuit of its preferred diet of benthic bivalve mollusks. It is a relatively long-lived, social animal and is considered a keystone species in Arctic marine ecosystems.

The walrus has played a prominent role in the cultures of many indigenous Arctic peoples, who have hunted the walrus for its meat, fat, skin, tusks and bone. In the 19th and early 20th centuries, the walrus was the object of heavy commercial exploitation for blubber and ivory and its numbers declined rapidly. Its global population has since rebounded, though the Atlantic and Laptev populations remain fragmented and at historically depressed levels.

wat

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
HURKEYDURKEYDUR, THAT SHURE IS FUNNY LAAAAAAWL.

I got a little story too, that totally owns your story. It's called "how I beat 3 of my good friends with Ganondorf using only two moves."

We wanted to get a one stock match in before we all had to part ways.

I chose Ganondorf, they chose: Ike, Luigi, and DDD.

I do my laugh taunt and because they are disheartened by this they all bumrush me. Luigi tosses me away and they all jump after me.

I planted a Dair, taking them all down with me, and shortly after I whistled for a cab and when it came near, the license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror, if anything I could say that this cab was rare but I thought naw forget it yo holmes to Bel-Air!

I, pulled, up to the house about 7 or 8 and yelled to the cab yo holmes smell ya later, looked at my kingdom I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the fresh prince of bel-air.
You're so great. :)

Top Bottom