• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 How Apex Works?

pizzacrust

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, not too new at smash but new to the forums and tourneys. I wanted to go to Apex 2015 this year since it's like, 45 minutes away from me, but I don't really know how it works. I signed up for the Apex website and it seems like you need to buy to get in, which I get, but I don't understand what these qualifiers are? Do I need to join one of these qualifier tournaments to get into Apex? Sorry if this is a stupid question lol.

Spazzy

Smash Apprentice
Apex will pay for your trip, hotel and entry fee if you get 1st at a qualifier. You can still enter into Apex if you don't win a qualifier.

Sideslick

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sideslick
Apex will pay for your trip, hotel and entry fee if you get 1st at a qualifier. You can still enter into Apex if you don't win a qualifier.
Does this apply to other games aside from Melee?

I'm a Smash 4 player.

Sideslick

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sideslick
Not positive but it seems like if there is a smash 4 qualifier and you do place 1st, then yes.
Are the Pacific Northwest Regionals an Apex Smash 4 qualifier? I can't seem to find any specifics about qualifying other than for the Melee-event.

Last edited:
Top Bottom