• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How about Pikmin,... WITHOUT OLIMAR!!!!!!

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Out of all of the ideas for characters to be present in Brawl, I think Pikmin should have thier own spot in the "lime light" (no that is not a pun for my screen name). There are five different types of Pikmin that exist (for now) and could offer different control schemes. As of yet I do not have a move set planned, but I will try to create one soon for the Pikmin that I think have the best chance to be in Brawl (Purple, White and Red). If anybody has ideas, of course, post away.

Let me list the differences of the three Pikmin that I listed previously:

Purple1. Purple Pikmin are super strong. 1 Purple Pikmin has the strength of 10 of the other colors.
So when you want to do heavy damage, "go purple."
2. They are heavier than the other Pikmin. In Pikmin 2, when a Purple Pikmin was thrown on an enemy, they were stunned and extra damage was done due to thier weight.
3. Purple Pikmin are also much slower than the other colors.
4. Due to thier wieght, Purple Pikmin don't jump as high as the others.

Red1. Red are the most "common." If you wanted to pummel an enemy in the game, you went with an army of Red Pikmin.
2. Red Pikmin are fire proof. Think of the posibilities!

White1. White Pikmin are smaller than the others.
2. They are much faster (especially when compared to a Purple Pikmin)
3. White Pikmin are immune to poison.
4. They can detect hidden item buried in the ground. (I am not to sure how this might affect game play)

That is what I know. I might have missed something because I have not played Pikmin 2 in a while. If anybody finds that I have missed something, just post. Thanks.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
It would make a fun stage, pikmin running around, latching on and attacking.

They would make a cool item, each doing a different elemental damage or something.

They could tag along with Olmar attacking at his command.

But playable character as a stand alone???!?!?!?
No. Would not fit at all. Would be like having Navi the fairey as a fighter.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I'll have to agree with oxyorb - putting the Pikmin in Olimar's stead is EXACTLY like including Navi in the place of Link... or putting in the Minis instead of Mario, or Kazooie without Banjo (neither are getting in, but it gets the point across...) or any number of ridiculous examples. If not incorporated with the characters that their meant to aid, such characters are better off as mere items... (well, in the case of the Pikmin and the Minis at least...)

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Besides Pikimin are ment to have a leader without that there are useless they can't think for themselves. Pikmin needs Olimar to make them a whole Because some peole need to be duos to do anything.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Captain Olimar is a good Idea: I think his jab A should be the combo attack you could do in pikmin 2 and B should be throwing pikmin (that perhaps run after and attack the opponent?) Up and B should definately be his ship that would head of like fox's firefox but without the lag at the start. Apart from this I can't think up a moveset :ohwell: can someone help me out here?

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Are you crazy? Captain Olimar is one of the most original and likeable characters ever created by Nintendo! What could be more awesome than an guy who solves his problems by enslaving entire species and forcing them to do his bidding? If Olimar is not put into Brawl then there is no justice in this world.

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
Are you crazy? Captain Olimar is one of the most original and likeable characters ever created by Nintendo! What could be more awesome than an guy who solves his problems by enslaving entire species and forcing them to do his bidding? If Olimar is not put into Brawl then there is no justice in this world.
:laugh:

The concept is a unique idea, but I really don't know how the Pikmin could get their own unique moveset. I really think Olimar is the best bet.

Top Bottom